Posting problems with my new mac

I've noticed some small but REALLY aggravating quirks when posting here.  

I just got a new iMac and it only does it with THIS computer.  Not my iPhone or iPad.  Also it does NOT do it on other forums.  Only here.

One thing is, sometimes, I will type a long winded post and click preview to proof read and it will all disappear.  EVERYTIME I quote someone and type a response to that quote it will post a blank reply.  Ideas?

Jk, I'm guessing it's the latest update you've got. I've been avoiding the latest update myself because of the quirks. I would search the Mac world and go from there, good luck! Edited by Ugly

Are you copying and pasting from a word processor? Does it do it with the BBCode Mode switched off?

Although…. You do have a MAC so it must certainly be the fault of a PC somewhere.
smilielol5.gif

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1
I don't know what any of that stuff is Dave. You can write everything I know about a computer on a BB with a wide tip marker.
That's why I'm such a diehard Mac guy. Simple operating systems laid out simply for simpletons. ...oh ..wait...

Funny it only does it here. Other forums have no issues. Something ain't jiving. Nothing I can't put up with, I do most of my posting on a Pad but I thought I might mention it.
  • Like 1

I'll have to take your word for it, I can't recognize that photo. :lol:

I downloaded a program called Bean that claims to be a word processor for Mac. I type stuff in it, and can either save it there or copy/ paste it to web forums. Doesn't always work in the web forums, something about it doesn't jive just right...

I'll have to take your word for it, I can't recognize that photo. :lol:

I downloaded a program called Bean that claims to be a word processor for Mac. I type stuff in it, and can either save it there or copy/ paste it to web forums. Doesn't always work in the web forums, something about it doesn't jive just right...

Here, and some other forums, there is a "paste as plain text" dialog, tried that?

Most word processing programs, unless they are purely text based, can bring some code along with default copy/paste that boogers stuff up.

- OS

I had a similar problem a while back, only within this forum too.

My Mac is older and if I remember right I had to do some cleaning up deep inside. I couldn't do this alone so I got an Apple tech geek who walked me through it using a chat link.

I'm curious why it would happen to a new Mac......?
If you installed MacKeeper that was some of my problem. That needs to be removed completely. Rely on Apple updates instead.

Anyway,
Go to the Mac site and raise your hand. Those Apple Heads can help you.

. Edited by kieefer

Here, and some other forums, there is a "paste as plain text" dialog, tried that?

Most word processing programs, unless they are purely text based, can bring some code along with default copy/paste that boogers stuff up.

- OS

Nope. :lol: At this point I just use the 'reply' box the forum provides, if what I typed doesn't go through for some reason then it just wasn't meant to be. 

Is post #17 blank to ya'll?

It is to me.  I tried to quote David from the desktop.  and it just posts a blank reply.

Were one to intentionally try to post a blank reply, the forum software won't LET you so something screwy is going on.  

I use both a Mac and a PC to manage/surf/post-to TGO.  None of them are exhibiting the problems you have described, Caster.   What web browser are you using?

is it a Yosemite issue?  you running the new OS?  I still haven't upgraded. No issues here using chrome

Yeah, it's Yosemite.  Strange that the mac in question is plugged directly into the modem and the iPads that have no issue are wifi.  

I also find it very strange that the board software allows a blank post.  Try it, can you make a post with no content?