TGO Fantasy Football League 2015

btq96r

For all the guys who were in it last year, I reactivated our fantasy league.  Please let me know if you want to play this year or not.  Our league was set up as a 12 team league, but I can expand it to 16 teams if anybody else wants to play.  We had a lot of fun with it, and the competition was pretty good.

We also need to chat about how much each owner is willing and able to chip into a pot.  I'm thinking $50 max, and would like to hit that to make it a great prize.  I dropped the ball on this and want to do it right this year, so I have a few questions that I'll post in the open to see if maybe our resident lawyers and sponsors want to help...

1)  Is it legal we pool money to pay for a firearm where the winner of the league is the one who gets to take possession of it?  If the winner is in the area of the vendor, they could come pick it up, and if not, it could ship FFL to FFL.  Either way a 4473 would be completed by the winner.

2)  Is there a sponsor willing to be awesome and sell us a firearm at dealer cost, or at a decent enough discount to where 12 guys kicking in, say $40-50 each could pay for a Glock 19 or VP9 maybe?  Those are just off the top of my head. 

I am in again. Just saw the email from ESPN a bit ago that it was activated.

I think $25-$50 would be good depending on what can be decided... 

Possibilities that I can think of:

Pool enough to buy the league winner a firearm

Pool enough to buy some bulk ammo

Split the pot 75/25% or something for winner and runner up

I don't remember how ESPN works - is it possible to switch that to a keeper league and let us pick 1 or 2 players to keep from last year? Or going to be a new draft across the board?

I was in a keeper league one year, but we had an offline draft so it was easy enough to claim your guy from last year.  For our league, we would basically have to call draft your keeper in the 1st round.  If others want to go that route, we can take a look at it.

I was not in the league and have only played once before a long time ago. How does the draft work?

While it would be awesome to get everybody together for a draft, it wasn't really practical last year.  So what we set up was an online draft where you simply logged into ESPN's fantasy site, and a "draft room" was set up for us.  You just clicked to make your pics.  It only took about 30 min if memory serves. 

Edited by btq96r

While it would be awesome to get everybody together for a draft, it wasn't really practical last year. So what we set up was an online draft where you simply logged into ESPN's fantasy site, and a "draft room" was set up for us. You just clicked to make your pics. It only took about 30 min if memory serves.

Cool. If there's room I'm down to play. I'm good up to $50
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates btq?

I'm thinking sometime between 2-4 September to do the draft.  Should be similar to last year where we all logged in, and had about a minute per pick or else the computer would automatically draft based on ESPN' rankings.  That way we're through the 3rd preseason game, but not during Labor Day since I'm guessing some of you might have family plans or something better to do than draft a fantasy team during the holiday.

Also, I'll send an email through the league to confirm membership, then see if we have room for people, or need one more to make it an even number.  An odd number team league would just be a headache for scheduling.