Infringement? New proposal would require liability insurance for all gun owners.

Zero chance of making it out of committee, and I doubt it would even get scheduled for a vote.  Just more "see what I fight for legislation" since Congresswoman Maloney represents a district in NYC that hasn't had a Republican win in over 50 years.

Zero chance of making it out of committee, and I doubt it would even get scheduled for a vote.  Just more "see what I fight for legislation" since Congresswoman Maloney represents a district in NYC that hasn't had a Republican win in over 50 years.

Right, but a cosponsor from Texas off all places?  Should make folks there happy.

I want to agree this has no chance of passage but some things about it bother me.  The government already requires us to purchase liability insurance if we drive vehicles (yeah, I know, a lot of people don't). That sets a clear precedence the government can require insurance coverage and make the private citizen pay for it.  Since Obamacare, same thing for health insurance.  Makes the "government can't force me" argument hard to sell. Same with "they are stepping on my rights". 

It should help lock in some Democratic votes in the states with a lot of liberal left-wingers but wouldn't hurt them in conservative states where they aren't going to get the votes anyway. Plus this would be a huge financial win for the insurance industry.  Big buck$$; low risk.  I doubt they will openly support this proposal, at least until it get's some legs, but behind the scenes who knows?  The health insurance fiasco shows their political strength.

Don't really think we should just blow it off as some libs' dream.

I want to agree this has no chance of passage but some things about it bother me.  The government already requires us to purchase liability insurance if we drive vehicles (yeah, I know, a lot of people don't). That sets a clear precedence the government can require insurance coverage and make the private citizen pay for it.  Since Obamacare, same thing for health insurance.  Makes the "government can't force me" argument hard to sell. Same with "they are stepping on my rights".

Two totally different things; Constitutional Right vs. Privilege. Driving a car or carrying a gun off your property is a privilege. Owning a gun is a Constitutional Right.

Sure they can pass whatever they like, but the courts can reject it. Obama has tried all kinds of gun legislation and hasn’t been able to get anything done yet. (Although I think he’ll try the Executive Order route before he leaves office)

Here is a list of things I believe Obama will do before leaving office.

1. EO prohibiting the import of ALL "assault weapons"

2. EO prohibiting the import of ALL ammunition that can be used in "assault weapons"

3. EO prohibiting the import of ALL high capacity magazines

4. EO prohibiting the import of ALL gun parts for "assault weapons"

5. Presidential pardon for known terrorists (I believe this is why there was such a huge fight to have them tried as criminals in the US courts. He could not have pardoned a military combatant)

6. EO with some sort of far reaching immigration policy basically opening the flood gates for illegals to enter. Millions will enter before the EO is overturned but the damage will already be done.

These will be done in the days before he leaves office so nothing can be done BEFORE he leaves.

• Like 1

I doubt this has any chance but what balls on these mental midgets.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2546 

I don't think you should be forced to carry liability insurance but you would be a complete moron not to do so on your own.   Accidents do happen even to people who are properly trained.   Would you be willing to let an accident completely wipe your way of living out if you were sued into oblivion?

2. EO prohibiting the import of ALL ammunition that can be used in "assault weapons"

6. EO with some sort of far reaching immigration policy basically opening the flood gates for illegals to enter. Millions will enter before the EO is overturned but the damage will already be done.

These will be done in the days before he leaves office so nothing can be done BEFORE he leaves.

What would be the point of doing these EO's right before he left office when the next president can just undo them?

5. Presidential pardon for known terrorists (I believe this is why there was such a huge fight to have them tried as criminals in the US courts. He could not have pardoned a military combatant)

I think he will try to give amnesty and the vote to all illegals.

Congress has the power to stop anything he does.

What would be the point of doing these EO's right before he left office when the next president can just undo them?

So that as he travels the country getting paid millions to speak; he can say he tried but Congress would not cooperate.

I don't think you should be forced to carry liability insurance but you would be a complete moron not to do so on your own.   Accidents do happen even to people who are properly trained.   Would you be willing to let an accident completely wipe your way of living out if you were sued into oblivion?

It generally takes a specific policy to cover most shooting situations.  Better check with your carrier.  Don't assume your homeowner liability will do so.

• Authorized Vendor

Well, there are currently 11 Dem Reps from Texas, so easily could have been.

4 out of 9 from Arizona are Dem right now.

- OS

After living many years in Arizona I can tell you the farther south you go the more liberal it gets. In the bottom third there are a lot of artsy fartsy folks that like to compare themselves to places like Santa Fe and Tucson is a big college town with lots of libturd professors and alumni and of course the  students. Tucson reeks of left wing unfortunately. I love it down there but I always had a hard time getting along with all the "tolerant" lefties.