Vultures legal to shoot?

I wouldn't shoot one over it snatching a squirrel, but we have had them kill calves.  I would consider that a justifiable shoot.

TN passed a law last session very similar to the "not helping Feds enforce gun laws" regarding killing black vultures:

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInfo/Default.aspx?BillNumber=SB0204

In essence, it says that it is not unlawful to kill them in TN, and that we won't help the Feds enforce its law to the opposite.

- However, of course this doesn't mean the Feds can't charge and convict you.

- Also note this if for the black vulture only, not the turkey vulture.

- Also also note that a juvenile turkey vulture (which can be almost as large as an adult) looks very similar to a black vulture, as the head is the only stark difference.

So some pretty obvious advice: try not to kill any Turkey Vultures, and if you snuff any Black Vultures, keep it on the QT, eh?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Goes to show how stupid I am. I thought Buzzards/Vultures only ate dead things and had no idea they would actually kill things such as calves and other live critters.................. :shrug: :shrug:

News interviewed a rancher a while back who said that they'll blind the cows while they are birthing so that they can get to the calf.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.