Sunglasses

I've been rocking Oakley half jackets for at least 12 years now.  With the larger lenses that swoop low around the eye, they offer very good protection, and the fit on the newer ones conform to your face and stay really well (I say new but it's the model that came out at least 7 years ago).  Great thing is, once you've scratched them up good, just pop the lenses out and get some new ones.  It takes me about 3 years before I need new lenses, and I am not gentle with my glasses at all.  I have two sets of half jackets and they've both been to war with me several times over.  I wasn't gentle with them then either, and they protected my eyes quite well.

Ballistics wise, I would argue that they are some of the best out there.  I know there are some brands that state their lenses stop bird shot, but really, unless you're hunting with Dick Cheney, I don't see this as a big deal.  They ain't gonna stop bullets, so I wouldn't get too hung up on which ballistic lenses are the best.  It won't matter.

Edit: Also the reason I dig my half jackets is that they look normal to wear day to day.  They don't appear tacticool, which is nice.

Edited by TMF

And I'd also like extremely dark polarized lenses.

Great thing about the half jackets is there seems to be and endless amount of aftermarket lenses.  There's a company which makes cheaper lenses for half jackets than what Oakley sells, I just can't remember the name.  I have set of polarized lenses from Oakley, and have been impressed with them.  I also have clear lenses and amber lenses.  Switching out takes 10 seconds.

My buddy Arnie says his sunglasses works great, but they sometimes snag on his scope.  He says they are light, and the and the polycarbonate works great.  The color shade really helps with target acquisition.  I think his came from Spencers or Claires at the Mall.  One more positive point Arnie says, when he wears them to the Elton John concerts, he doesn't stand out as bad.

[url=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/Sunglasses_zpsxlzynuqh.jpg.html]Sunglasses_zpsxlzynuqh.jpg[/URL]

Edited by Runco
  • Like 4

Not sure what you want to use then for specifically.  I don't like to wear expensive sunglasses at work but I've been wearing DeWalt sunglasses for about two years now.  They are Z87 rated, they run $10 a pair I think the polarized ones are $20 or $30.  At those prices I'm not worried about losing them our breaking them. My only gripe it's that the lenses do scratch easily.  That said I wore my last pair for a year before they needed replacing.  You can buy them at Lowe's.

Edited by 10-Ring

I've got Natives, which are another brand owned by Costa. I had trouble with their N3 technology delaminating and they replaced them after two years for free since I had to replace the lenses twice. I now how just their polycarb glasses and love them. I don't think I will have the same issue since these are not laminated lenses.

I'm an Oakley brand whore with no shame.  Their Standard Issue program is great for service members, veterans, LEOs, firefighters, and EMS personnel.  I use the full size ballistic M Frame 2.0 and just keep getting replacement lenses as needed.  I keep an older pair with clear lenses for indoor shooting as well.  I like to think they are more sporty than tactical, but I also have a pair of the Crosshair 2.0's for a regular look.  I'm thinking of getting a new pair of those with my RX after the next trip to the optometrist.  But yeah, Oakley and nothing else for me, worth the extra coin.

TMF, welcome back.

• Moderators
http://amzn.to/1hyyoPm

RGvslUO.jpg

These are the ones I bought. Like I said, I had the Oakley Whiskers Polarized. They were nice. If you want the Oakley name, then you won't be satisfied unless you get Oakley's. Myself, I was hoping to find something comparable quality but cheaper without expensive "O-A-K-L-E-Y" lettering on the side; I think Wiley-X is exactly what I was looking for.

I have had this pair for probably 3-4 months now. I don't have a single complaint. They come with a nice semi-rigid case and the strap for wearing around your neck. If you get the one with the polarized lenses (which I highly recommended), they only come with one set of lenses. That being said, you can either order the set of 3 additional lenses or if you order the following you get the three lenses (but without polarization).

http://amzn.to/1EBpFqB

I would and probably will make the purchase again someday for Wiley-X. They are great. If I was to lose them I"d replace them, but I'm thinking I might get some just to have an extra pair.

http://amzn.to/1hyyoPm

RGvslUO.jpg

These are the ones I bought. Like I said, I had the Oakley Whiskers Polarized. They were nice. If you want the Oakley name, then you won't be satisfied unless you get Oakley's. Myself, I was hoping to find something comparable quality but cheaper without expensive "O-A-K-L-E-Y" lettering on the side; I think Wiley-X is exactly what I was looking for.

I have had this pair for probably 3-4 months now. I don't have a single complaint. They come with a nice semi-rigid case and the strap for wearing around your neck. If you get the one with the polarized lenses (which I highly recommended), they only come with one set of lenses. That being said, you can either order the set of 3 additional lenses or if you order the following you get the three lenses (but without polarization).

http://amzn.to/1EBpFqB

I would and probably will make the purchase again someday for Wiley-X. They are great. If I was to lose them I"d replace them, but I'm thinking I might get some just to have an extra pair.

Do they fit big heads? LOL. That's my only complaint with my Oakley's.
Rudy Project is what my shooters and I wear. Not only interchangeable lenses but quality as well. Warranty is great, you scratch a lens send it back and they replace it. Plus I could help with a 50% discount if you choose them Edited by Wiljo05
  • Moderators

Do they fit big heads? LOL. That's my only complaint with my Oakley's.

Well that's a loaded question if there is one. You saying I have a big head???

I'd say that I have either a medium to large head. They fit fine. Try them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudy Project is what my shooters and I wear. Not only interchangeable lenses but quality as well. Warranty is great, you scratch a lens send it back and they replace it. Plus I could help with a 50% discount if you choose them

Which model? I like how the Rydon frame can be molded to fit the user. Info on the discount?

Well that's a loaded question if there is one. You saying I have a big head???
I'd say that I have either a medium to large head. They fit fine. Try them!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. LOL. Nothing against you, I have a large head. It is hard to find hats/glasses to fit comfortably. I have a set of $30 polarized Crossfire safety glasses that I really like but always looking to see what else is out there.