Kitten found, cute as a button

So my wife went to the post office. And as she was walking in she heard a kitten screaming. She mentioned it and a mail worker said it was in her husbands truck somewhere under the hood. Apparently the kitten has been under the hood for two days as he went to work. They acted like the kitten would eventfully die and quit screaming. Well not with my wife around she made them pop the hood so she could find the kitten. She found it and brought it home. Not sure if we have a new family member yet but we will make sure it never suffers again.

How the hell can ANYONE drive around for two days listening to a 2-3 week old kitten screaming? Takes a special kind of sicko to do that.

It is safe, sound and in loving arms now.

11891409_10205807227634738_2293142666232

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
  • Like 10

Some people don't care for cats. To be honest, I would have removed it from my vehicle, not for the cat's benefit, but to keep it from soiling or damaging my vehicle. A house cat and a mouse or rat are in about the same league to me.

I find it odd that a lot of people give pets the same credence today, if not more, than they give to their fellow humans.

• Like 1
Bongo, our latest furry family member came to live with us in a similar fashion. I was at my part-time job a couple of months ago and some really sketchy folks came in. One of then had a kitten he was hiding under his shirt. When they left he just threw it into the parking lot and walked on like nothing. One of the girls saw him, so she ran out and crawled under a truck to rescue what was maybe a four week old kitten.

Bandit, our lab, thinks the kitten is hers. If he hits the floor, it is time to play.

Moeko, our cat, she hates him.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

give your wife my biggest thanks dolo for saving that kitten! we have a 12 year old tabby who we love to death and would be very sadden if anything bad happened to him as he is a member of our family!

Some people don't care for cats. To be honest, I would have removed it from my vehicle, not for the cat's benefit, but to keep it from soiling or damaging my vehicle. A house cat and a mouse or rat are in about the same league to me.

I find it odd that a lot of people give pets the same credence today, if not more, than they give to their fellow humans.

probably because most pets are like family or even children to some people and often times they are better than most people

• Like 2

Because humans can be aholes. I haven't met too many animals that were aholes for the sake of it, so I go out of my way to be respectful of non-human life. Humans get the benefit of the doubt from me as well, unless ahole tendencies abound, like letting a defenseless animal die a slow, torturous death, when it would take less than a minute to intervene. I'd value the life of that kitten over that human any day of the week, and I'm not a cat person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 10

I find it odd that a lot of people give pets the same credence today, if not more, than they give to their fellow humans

From this post I can gather we wouldnt be able to be friends:)

• Like 7

Because humans can be aholes. I haven't met too many animals that were aholes for the sake of it, so I go out of my way to be respectful of non-human life. Humans get the benefit of the doubt from me as well, unless ahole tendencies abound, like letting a defenseless animal die a slow, torturous death, when it would take less than a minute to intervene. I'd value the life of that kitten over that human any day of the week, and I'm not a cat person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very well put!

I don't like cats at all. But that doesn't mean I want any animal to suffer. And I like my dogs and horses more than I like most people. My dogs are my babies. Me and my wife have a struggled to have children, so our 6 yr old maltipoo that I bought her when we first moved to California has been our baby for years. She has never stabbed me in the back or hurt me purposefully. So yeah, I like her better than most humans I meet.

Sent from the backwoods
  • Like 6
I'm with spots, I hate cats with a passion.....but wouldn't tolerate their needless suffering either.

It takes a sick, severely physically/sexually/emotionally frustrated person to torment an animal.

And as to giving preference to animals over humans? I probably shouldn't ........but I will. I have more respect any animal over the 'average human'. Animals aren't liars. They're animals. Bears aren't evil because they snack on an occasional hiker. It's a friggin' BEAR!
It's what they do.
It's my firm and steadfast opinion that a dog is God's finest work. Far surpassing man, for whom they are especially suited to serve with loyalty and distinction. If one thinks they've ever had a human love them more than a good dog, they're either deluded or never had a good dog. I recently lost my best friend and were it in my power to do so, I would short dick every Charlie chan in China to have him back. He certainly had more value to me than 90% of the humans I've ever met. Edited by Caster
  • Like 6
The biggest issue I have was they were laughing about the whole thing acting like they were powerless to do anything.

I have ZERO issue with killing something that needs to be killed be it for food, survival or even as a trophy, so long as it is done humanely. You don't let any animal suffer a slow miserable death.

I am honestly surprised it survived a few hours in the heat under the hood. It is a more alert and active now. Believe it is a boy and is eating well. He went from crazy feral to purring once he got access to food and water.

I will post pictures in a minute, it is the cutest little thing.
  • Like 2

Look's like someone'd like a nice safe home. I like cat's and dog's but recognize they require human supervision to keep them out of trouble and safe. Feral cats and dogs are a serious problem and the fault of neglecting owners. If we lived closer I'd probably be tempted to become a cat owner again. 

Well, you got the little turd in the right place now. I bet it's a right bit cooler on the porcelain than the engine block. Lol!

For sure:) he is lucky he didnt get killed inside that car..

We had him in there for his own safety. He is in a giant  cage with a heating blanket  sleeping with a Serta sheep snuggle buddy..

Just because people have power over animals doesn't make it ok to use it.

Just because people have mental capability that animals don't have doesn't make us better.

One thing I appreciate about animals is that they have the ability to hate as far as I know.

My policy is this:  I won't kill anything unless there is a good reason.  Bagging a trophy where the meat won't be consumed isn't a good reason to me. Killing pests such as birds, skunks, ground hogs, etc.... doesn't make sense to me until I try non lethal ways to get them to move along.

Just because people have power over animals doesn't make it ok to use it.

Just because people have mental capability that animals don't have doesn't make us better.

One thing I appreciate about animals is that they have the ability to hate as far as I know.

My policy is this:  I won't kill anything unless there is a good reason.  Bagging a trophy where the meat won't be consumed isn't a good reason to me. Killing pests such as birds, skunks, ground hogs, etc.... doesn't make sense to me until I try non lethal ways to get them to move along.

You quoted my post. Surely you read it. Where did I say anything about killing?