Official Thread of 2015-2016 deer season

Everyone ready!?!? :rock:

Bow, arrows, Rage broadheads, Hunter Safety System so I don't fall, license, and backpack sitting by the deer cart that my wife and daughter bought me this year. Hope to be using it tomorrow!
Good luck to everyone and PLEASE wear your safety harness!!
  • Like 2
Half of my day of work is over. I can barely stand waiting another 4 hours, but hopefully it flies by. Filling the truck up with gas on the way home, then try to pass out. Of course I'll be trying till midnight! I am trying a new Rage broadhead this year, the chisel tip 100 grain with 2 inch cut. Hopefully be tracking that blood trail in the a.m.

Good luck everyone!  I had too much going on this summer to get any archery practice in so I'm sitting out archery season, it just wouldn't be fair to the deer to go out without proper practice.  I will be hunting black powder though and I'm really looking forward to that.  I'm still getting my gun dialed in just the way I want it but I'll be ready before the season starts.  I'll be watching this thread tomorrow at work, hope to see some pictures.

• Like 1
Hunted yesterday morning and had one doe walk right under my stand. And I was able to hunt this evening and had a small six and a small four come in around 6:30. The doe from yesterday came back tonight around 6:50. I like keeping the does around so she will get a pass every time. The six got my attention, I actually pulled back and lined up the sights, but he just was a little too young. The four was very, very young, so he also will get a pass. Tons of nuts falling and I like my spot.
  • Like 1

Hunted yesterday morning and had one doe walk right under my stand. And I was able to hunt this evening and had a small six and a small four come in around 6:30. The doe from yesterday came back tonight around 6:50. I like keeping the does around so she will get a pass every time. The six got my attention, I actually pulled back and lined up the sights, but he just was a little too young. The four was very, very young, so he also will get a pass. Tons of nuts falling and I like my spot.

Saw some good bucks and some does on Facebook TN deer hunter page. But also saw a ton of people who didn't see anything either day. Hoping that it changes this next weekend where I hunt or I'll be headed out to hunt some public land.

Lots of does and lots of fawns out at the farm. Only saw one decent buck but he was several hundred yards out.

I did put one doe in the freezer... took forever to find one alone... I swear I've never seen more fawns out and about.

Good opening weekend.

• Like 2
I've been battling real bad arthritis in my left wrist from a fracture years ago. Had injections years ago but it's wearing off. I'm in the stand now but it hurts like hell to pull a bow back. Guess I'm just gonna have to break down and get a crossbow. I'm scheduled for more injections but the doc wants to do surgery. If so it will be after deer season lol.
  • Like 1

Saw some good bucks and some does on Facebook TN deer hunter page. But also saw a ton of people who didn't see anything either day. Hoping that it changes this next weekend where I hunt or I'll be headed out to hunt some public land.

Blank for me this weekend.  The buddy on the other side of the land had a good ten come around but only got within about 150yds.  He passed on a basket 8 around 15yds so he can go after the ten over the season.

• Like 1