M10-Mac 10. Owners/Shooters Enter

Gentlemen, here is the long and the short of it. I may have walked backwards through a corn field (which I highly discourage doing) and ended up with a Mac 10 in my Trust. Its a whole story but a guy sold his company to another company and the thing needed a home and it was easier for him to sell it to me for nothing than deal with other means. Its all legal, he would just have rather a shooter have it than a company or his ex wife. 1) find of the century 2) WTF do I do next??

I own sbrs, sbs, aows, and silencers but never been down this road. Here are my concerns/questions.

Here is what i would like to see. 45 smg with a solid foregrip, collapsible butt stock, silencer (i have one full auto rated) and a handful of mags. What I dont know is if a smg is also simultaneously an sbr (or if it depends on the registration or something quirky), if there are laws against a foregrip, what uppers to look at to get a threaded set up (578x28), where to buy mags, or...basically anything. I took a look at this thing and it just seemed like....a few more points of contact would make it significantly safer.

I haven't even fired the dang thing yet. I'm sure its fine, my dad is good buddies with the guy and he is an upstanding dude. I just don't want some street sweeper pistol in my arsenal that ends up being an expensive paper weight because I don't feel comfortable getting it out when friends are around.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Particularly upgrades?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Yep, a MG is the safest thing to have you can hang a kitchen sink off it if you want. The Lage uppers are nice and there's a lot of MACs still winning the SMG shoots.

They are heavy, not really practical for target shooting but super fun to shoot full auto.  Tom Bowers (subguns.com) has a nice can with the correct mounts for the MAC's thread pitch.  I have a M10-9mm and threaded the end for my cans... I can thread it for you if you'd prefer to shoot the more standard cans on it.

Sounds like you got it for a song and dance so I'd say yeah, deal of the century... depending on make/model and accessories you're in the $4500-$6000 price range on current value.

MACs use to be the best entry into FA but they've climbed a few thou in the recent years.. back when they were still $2500-$3000 they were easy to sell.. now with them getting into the $5k range folks start saving that they'll often save a little more for an UZI or something a little more desirable but ANY FA is still a great gun!

Congrats on the find!

Edited by LawEnforcementSalesTN
  • Like 1

There a great entry level MG, I had a M11/9 with every Lage part ever made and a Bower's Suppressor, only draw back about these guns are since they are an open bolt, you'll have plenty of smoke in your face..

I had seller remorse when I sold it, but hey I made $3600 on it..

My 10yr old son at the time this was taken

1313092431687_zps93eeea44.jpg 

• Like 3

Back about 8 years ago when my oldest brother passed away he left orders for his wife to bring me a lock box he had and not to open it up. Just bring it to me. He had sent me a key for the box several years earlier and told me to just make sure I put it in a safe place. When I got it I opened it up. In the box was an M 11- A1 380 cal Open bolt and all accessories made by RPB Industries that went with it  He had purchased in 1979. It including a few Items I didn't at the time feel safe having in my house. It had ten 30 round magazines. A buddy of mine and I took it to the range with 100 rounds of ammo. It ate ammo faster than kid on Halloween having a sugar rush. 100 rounds lasted almost 2 minutes. Hide sight is always 20/20 and I contacted a friend of mine with an FFL !!! license and told him I wanted to sell it. He made me a very very generous offer and after doing some research and price checking I found out he was offering me full retail for it so I sold it to him. I felt much better not having it in my home but now in some ways I wish I had not sold it........... :shrug: 

Bersa was it just an open bolt semi or FA?
I've got a m10/45 open bolt semi put back just for the rare factor I guess you could say .

I think when he got it the gun was semi auto but he had a little work done to it right after getting it and I remember him telling me that once the work was done with a 30 round magazine the last round would be leaving the barrel before the first empty casing hit the ground and he was right so it was full auto. I am guessing since it emptied the first magazine on one trigger pull of about 3.5 seconds. That was when I knew someone else needed to own the gun besides me.......................... :hiding: 

I think when he got it the gun was semi auto but he had a little work done to it right after getting it and I remember him telling me that once the work was done with a 30 round magazine the last round would be leaving the barrel before the first empty casing hit the ground and he was right so it was full auto. I am guessing since it emptied the first magazine on one trigger pull of about 3.5 seconds. That was when I knew someone else needed to own the gun besides me.......................... :hiding:

At best the ROF was around 1000, I've seen videos of a 22 conversion with a mac jack shooting over 1800+

Here's a video when I first got the M11. Shown with a 30 rd. and a 60 rd mag. The 60 wasn't completely full.

I learned a few things that day. LoL
* A can on a FA gets hotter than $h1t. It also causes a lot of gas in the face. ( mentioned above.)
* If your planning on keeping your brass don't pull the trigger in tall weeds.
* It was fun but, really uncontrollable . Got really serious about the Lage uppers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XOXD2semkfs

oh the horrors of a single stack mags, I had 2 of those recon ordnance 60rd mags what a bitch to load.

Ok. Form 4 done. I decided on a Lage upper with threaded barrel...hopefully get down to the 700s rpm. Also I will be in the market for an EO Tech in the near future.

Other suggestions? I would like a traditional AR style side folding stock...with padding if possible. I also haven't decided on which foregrip. Any other things I should be looking at?

And where do y'all get mags?

Unless you've found a Mk1 used upper, email Jackie at Lage Manufacturing ASAP to be put on a waiting list for their Mk2 uppers.  It's about a 5-6 month waiting list. 

Sales@max-11.com

Be sure to tell her the model mac you have.  The email doesn't commit you to anything other than a spot in the line.  She'll call when your number is up and if you don't want it then they'll move to the next person on the list.  But I'd go ahead and get on just so your clock starts. 

Some other good stuff

www.usmachinegun.com

And Cobray is still in business selling parts.. they have a few old M10 parts and accessories

www.cobray.com

Unless you've found a Mk1 used upper, email Jackie at Lage Manufacturing ASAP to be put on a waiting list for their Mk2 uppers.  It's about a 5-6 month waiting list. 

Sales@max-11.com

Be sure to tell her the model mac you have.  The email doesn't commit you to anything other than a spot in the line.  She'll call when your number is up and if you don't want it then they'll move to the next person on the list.  But I'd go ahead and get on just so your clock starts. 

Some other good stuff

www.usmachinegun.com

And Cobray is still in business selling parts.. they have a few old M10 parts and accessories

www.cobray.com

Thanks for the heads up!! I was on their website this afternoon thinking, "why can't I add anything to my cart? I guess I'll have to call in the morning." I'll email them tonight. I would love to find a gen 1 because it looks like the rate of fire is about 50 rpm slower but I'll take a new one in the spring if that's what it takes.

Thanks for the heads up!! I was on their website this afternoon thinking, "why can't I add anything to my cart? I guess I'll have to call in the morning." I'll email them tonight. I would love to find a gen 1 because it looks like the rate of fire is about 50 rpm slower but I'll take a new one in the spring if that's what it takes.

Yeah, stinks as there's such a wait even the Gen 1s when they come available are usually as much if not more than a new one.  I did see a 45 cal G1 on gunbroker a few weeks ago but it was almost $900.  I really like the Mk2's looks though over his original design.

But yep, go ahead and get on the list and if you happen to find something in between they're cool about it, always someone else behind ya and it's great you don't have to put a deposit or prepay like other manufactures require you to do.

Yeah, stinks as there's such a wait even the Gen 1s when they come available are usually as much if not more than a new one.  I did see a 45 cal G1 on gunbroker a few weeks ago but it was almost $900.  I really like the Mk2's looks though over his original design.

But yep, go ahead and get on the list and if you happen to find something in between they're cool about it, always someone else behind ya and it's great you don't have to put a deposit or prepay like other manufactures require you to do.

Ya know, when I got in the Class 3 game I kinda figured it was the good Lord's way of telling me that I needed to learn to be patient. It's like getting old and forgetting where you left your 3 finger pour of top shelf scotch just to wander in a room a few weeks later and find it like Christmas in October.

• Like 1

Warpig . I've got the Lage folder on mine and couldn't be happier.

You need to check out cmore sights . They sit much lower on the rail.
I tried the eotech and didnt like it . Seem too big on the weapon for my liking.

I'll take a look. I am a T1 micro guy..i had a eotech on one of my ARs and felt like it was a little bulky but thought this platform may change my opinion.

Ok I was talking with my brother in law last night and the discussion of putting a suppressor on this thing came up. I have an AAC TiRant with standard threading. The concern is after a mag or two we always have to tighten up the can again. Couldnt the vibration on this thing just wiggle that dude right off? It doesnt have any locking mechanism like my SR7. Anyone have any experience with this? Solution?