Which optic for my G40

I just got a G40 which is the long slide 10mm.  I want to put a sight on it and use it for hunting.  I do not have any experience with the micro red dot sights.

I have been looking at the Burris Fast Fires, Eotech Micro red dots and the new Leupold Deltapoint reflex sight.

Both the Eotech and Leopold are in the $600-700 range while the Burris is half that.  

My main concern is the sight being able to hold zero while shooting full house 10mm loads.

Would love to hear some first hand experience on these sights.  Also let me know if there are any other sights I should be considering.

I have not used these types of optics before and I was not aware of the Trijicon.  While doing some searching yesterday I came across it.  I really like the looks of it and like you said it has a lot of good reviews.  I am hoping someone here with first hand knowledge can throw their two cents in.

I've had a slide mounted RMR on a carry gun for a few years now.  I'm not nice to it, I shoot it regularly and I am pleased with it.  I did have to send it back for a repair after about three years of use.  Trijicon took good care of me.  Leupold and Trijicon have about the same warranty.  Vortex is better in that it is truly lifetime (not just 5 years) and unconditional.  I have never seen a Vortex Razor mounted, but I would like to play with one.      

I have the trijicon rmr orange (i have the larger dot on my Glock 21 because I wasnt using it for hunting but for quick target acquisition) and I swear by it. When I get around to picking up the G40 I am going to put one on there as well. They are awesome.

Pics when you get done. And give u a range report on it. I am seriously contemplating selling my 20 and just having the 29 and the 40 with rmr for a hog gun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Very cool.  A few things to watch out for.  

1)  The right side screw that holds the RMR onto the pistol may interfere with the extractor plunger and spring.  I don't know for sure that this will apply to yours because it appears to be an MOS model which moves the RMR higher than a milled slide and I've no first hand experience with the MOS.  On my milled uppers it is an issue to watch out for.  

2)  Watch out for corrosion between the battery and contacts.  When you swap the battery it is a good time to clean the contacts (pencil eraser) and apply a corrosion inhibitor.  If this is a hunting pistol that will see use in the rain I would check this more frequently.  

3) Get some suppressor height sights.  They will serve as backups if your battery dies at a bad moment on a hunt.  

4)  Apply plenty of Loctite when you install the screws.

5)  If you install a grip plug there is enough room for an allen key and battery for the RMR. 

4)  Apply plenty of Loctite when you install the screws.

Should have listened to you on this one.  There was already some loctite on the supplied screws.  I thought that would be enough.  Nope.  I am starting to dial in the sight and wham, something hits me in the forehead.  I thought it was a shell at first until I noticed the rmr was no longer on my gun.  I guess I will go buy some loctite before I reinstall the sight.  

• Like 1