Fun and the Range

Pete123

So, btq96r and I hit the range today.  It was awesome...hardly any folks there.

Here is some of his handy work at 50 yards:

btq96r%202_zps3wrxho1p.jpg

and this:

btq96r%201_zpsfmvvj7ew.jpg

Here is what I did, 50 yards with iron sites:

pete%201_zpsclsdtria.jpg

Which I did with:

SKS%201_zpsqofvy3vo.jpg

Also had some fun with:

K98%201_zpsnn5d3put.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete and I were out at the TWRA Stones River Range.  Very well kept facility, and the staff there are great guys who obviously take a lot of pride in the services they provide.

The rain kept people away but it wasn't bad at all, mostly a hard drizzle for the few hours we were there.  We even had the range to ourselves until about 4pm when three other people showed up.

Also, Pete's SKS shoots as great as it looks, and that 1903 is a beast, but pulling the trigger on a part of military history like that wasn't something I was about to pass up.  Pete was even gracious enough to let a guy who came over to check it out get a few shots in with it.

So, btq96r and I hit the range today.  It was awesome...hardly any folks there.

Here is some of his handy work at 50 yards:

btq96r%202_zps3wrxho1p.jpg

and this:

btq96r%201_zpsfmvvj7ew.jpg

As stated above, that was at 50yds, and for those of you not familiar with my target of choice, the 10-ring is a 2" diameter...which puts me at 4MOA from that distance if I can do math correctly.   

I had a scope, and it was set to 6x for my shooting since my eyes are the weakest link when it comes to employing my weapons system at any distance past HCP qual range, and I don't take my glasses to the range.  I was sitting at the benches they have there, using a sandbag on top of an ammo can for support.  I had a standard mil-spec AR, complete with regular trigger, 16" barrel, and I was shooting PMC X-TAC 5.56mm, 62gr M855.  I'm sure someone on YouTube can do better but I like the way that 10-ring looks.

I'll push out to 100 next time I take that gun to the range.  It had some cycling issues, so I need to check into that first.  Those five shots at the bottom of the paper were me trying ammo in different mags, from different support setups to troubleshoot the problem after firing the 20 rounds in the middle.

Edited by btq96r