Hillary Clinton announced new gun-control measures

"but no way do they let her drag the party down with an arrest and a trial that will own the headlines worse than Casey Anthony".

They went after Will Bill for his lying to the Congress about Monica and he was President so what makes anyone think she is so untouchable?

Gosh, I didn't think anyone could drag down the party worse than Obama has but I guess there are still a few that think it would I guess.. I think in all honesty the News Medias are drooling all over themselves just hoping they do serve papers on her. That would really give them something exciting to talk about. I don't know why a very close adviser and friend would tell her to hire a real good criminal attorney if they didn't see something coming at her...............jmho

"They" were the Republican Congress at the time and had the Constitutional authority to impeach President Clinton.  All this current Republican Congress can do is pull her before panels, and that's had limited success so far.  Then you have Kevin McCarthy with his blurb of truth declaring the benefit of the Benghazi panel has been politically, not accountability based.

Your opinion of the current Democratic party isn't what the party cases about.  It's the image of the party in the media that reaches moderates, undecideds, and people registering to vote before an election.  The "very close adviser telling her to lawyer up" story is being pushed by a political gossip writer who is promoting a book he wrote that was released last week.  He's had issues with unnamed sources, and playing loose with quotes, and other hack journalism episodes, so I'm not taking anything Ed Klein says seriously.

Y'all ain't gonna believe this $h!t but Hillary was on Good Morning America this morning and announced that she was the most transparent person in the world.  You can't make this kind of stuff up.

Then why did she hamper the investigation into her emails and server?

Then why did she hamper the investigation into her emails and server?

Because she is about as Transparent as Obama said he would be when he got elected. All Democrats think they have to tell that lie. It's in their blood and the Kool aid they drink............... :ugh:

Y'all ain't gonna believe this $h!t but Hillary was on Good Morning America this morning and announced that she was the most transparent person in the world.  You can't make this kind of stuff up.

Oh, she's veeerrrry transparent, all right.  I see right through her.  ;)

I've really heard the term "common sense gun laws" beaten to death in the past few days.  I really believe that this phrase was coined to 1) insult anyone that does not agree with the proposed measures and 2) subtly convince the uneducated, uninformed and the fence sitters that going against the proposed measure would defy logic. 

I know that I am preaching to the choir here but only a fool would simply go along with any government proposal without examining the contents for themselves and drawing their own conclusions. 

I tell you, it is getting to the point that every time I hear the oxymoronic (as well as simply moronic) phrase, "common sense gun laws" I want to vomit.  See, common sense - real common sense - tells me that criminals do not follow laws.  Common sense tells me that a guy that is going to walk into a school/church/restaurant/strip club or whatever and start killing people - often total strangers at that - and then eat his gun when the cops show up really doesn't give a tinker's damn about whether or not the gun he uses to do it was obtained legally.  Likewise a person who robs a bank, stages an armed invasion of another person's home and so on.  Common sense tells me that, ultimately, the only people whose behavior is changed by laws are the law abiding.  So, therefore, claiming that more/stricter limitations on the right to own firearms will somehow cause criminals to suddenly obey the law defies common sense.

• Like 3

Y'all ain't gonna believe this $h!t but Hillary was on Good Morning America this morning and announced that she was the most transparent person in the world. You can't make this kind of stuff up.

Depends on what the definition of ...Transparent ... is

We're dealing with a Clinton here :shake: Edited by Wingshooter

I've really heard the term "common sense gun laws" beaten to death in the past few days.  I really believe that this phrase was coined to 1) insult anyone that does not agree with the proposed measures and 2) subtly convince the uneducated, uninformed and the fence sitters that going against the proposed measure would defy logic. 

I know that I am preaching to the choir here but only a fool would simply go along with any government proposal without examining the contents for themselves and drawing their own conclusions.

I tell you, it is getting to the point that every time I hear the oxymoronic (as well as simply moronic) phrase, "common sense gun laws" I want to vomit.  See, common sense - real common sense - tells me that criminals do not follow laws.  Common sense tells me that a guy that is going to walk into a school/church/restaurant/strip club or whatever and start killing people - often total strangers at that - and then eat his gun when the cops show up really doesn't give a tinker's damn about whether or not the gun he uses to do it was obtained legally.  Likewise a person who robs a bank, stages an armed invasion of another person's home and so on.  Common sense tells me that, ultimately, the only people whose behavior is changed by laws are the law abiding.  So, therefore, claiming that more/stricter limitations on the right to own firearms will somehow cause criminals to suddenly obey the law defies common sense.

But the moronic mass of non-thinking, hand-out taking people believe that bs. Oh...forgot about the "all is rosy, just pass a law and make it all better crowd."

It's so much easier to just be taken in...and taken care of. Edited by hipower

The funny (or not) thing is that there are a lot of gun owners that oppose any new gun legislation that , beat their chest and say "from my cold dead hands" that  will STILL vote for her because she is the Democrat candidate and even though she is 100% against their way of life they will vote for her because they are multi generational democrats and she is who their union will tell them to vote for......

Ain't that the truth. I know several conservative thinking people that always have voted the democrat ticket. Mainly union folks that the unions have brainwashed into thinking that the dems will pad their pockets with cash. 

I think most of these hard core union folks are finally jumping ship though as the democratic party is going too far to the left. Well, most of them have always been that far to the left, they were just secretive about it. As of late, they just come right out and say.

I know a lot of the union workers at TVA Johnsonville have "seen the light". Mainly because Obama's EPA is shutting down their plant. The Union bosses still scream "the republicans will take your jobs" but a lot of the rank and file union workers are jumping ship. 

Its been pointed out before here on TGO but the government simply can't physically do the crap Hilary is saying. They can't manage healthcare, can't build a website for it, can't build the F35 fighter, can't manage the TSA, IRS, Secret Service, Fannie May, Freddie Mac, The federal reserve, NSA, CIA, the congress of the United States, SCOTUS, the standing of the United States in the world, protect our data against Chinese and Russian Hackers, Putin, Ukraine, Iraq, Iran Nuclear deal, Afghanistan, North Korea, our $18 trillion Dollar debt!! http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Does anyone really believe they can register every one of the 300 million + guns in the US and set up a national database of them and all their owners data and enforce it? 

Sorry for the rant! This just drives me up a wall.  :wall:

The funny (or not) thing is that there are a lot of gun owners that oppose any new gun legislation that , beat their chest and say "from my cold dead hands" that  will STILL vote for her because she is the Democrat candidate and even though she is 100% against their way of life they will vote for her because they are multi generational democrats and she is who their union will tell them to vote for......

The other sad thing is that there are probably party line Republicans who would vote for Hillary if she would just put an 'R' next to her name instead of a 'D'.  For instance, look at the mental acrobatics folks did when Haslam first ran for governor to try to convince others (and, probably, themselves) that he really was 'on our side'.  It is too much about party politics on both sides and voting to make sure their team wins the superbowl...er...their party wins the election than about really looking at individual candidates and voting for the best person for the job.  Heck, sometimes even people who would compare Lucifer, himself, favorably to a particular candidate during primaries will bend over backward to get others to vote for that same candidate once he/she wins the primaries.  Just because a candidate might be slightly less onerous than their other major party counterpart still doesn't mean he or she is a great choice.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1