Clinton suggests she'd consider mandatory gun buy-backs

Clinton suggests she'd consider mandatory gun buy-backs, sparking fears of ‘confiscation’
Published October 18, 2015
Clinton_guns.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Oct. 16, 2015: Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton at a town hall meeting in Keene, N.H. (AP)

Hillary Clinton said Friday that mandatory gun buy-back programs like ones in Australia are “worth looking into,” sparking criticism that the Democratic presidential front-runner would, if elected, impose gun-confiscation efforts.

Clinton made the comments during a campaign stop in Keene, N.H., when an attendee asked about Australia’s 1996 and 2003 buy-back programs that collected roughly 700,000 banned semi-automatic rifles and other firearms.  

“I think it would be worth considering doing it on the national level, if that could be arranged,” Clinton responded.

“This validates what the NRA has said all along,” said Chris Cox, executive director of the National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action. “The real goal of gun control supporters is gun confiscation.”

Cox said Clinton’s comments echo recent ones by President Obama, making “very clear” that the underlying goal of gun-control advocates is confiscation.

The issue of tighter gun control and targeting the NRA as leading efforts to keep Congress from passing laws on firearms and background checks resurfaced earlier this month, after a gunman killed nine people at Umpqua Community College in Rosenburg, Oregon.

The NRA also says that Clinton believes that the Supreme Court incorrectly determined that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to self-defense. The group made the argument in part based on a purported audiotape obtained The Washington Beacon in which Clinton says, “And I am going to make that case every chance I get.”

"Hillary Clinton just doesn’t get it," Cox said. "The NRA’s strength lies in our five million members and the tens of millions of voters who support the Second Amendment.

"A majority of Americans support this freedom, and the Supreme Court was absolutely right to hold that the Second Amendment guarantees the fundamental, individual right to keep and bear arms," he added. "Hillary Clinton's extreme views are completely out of touch with the American people." 

Edited by polecat

Maybe Hillary should live by example and give up her lifetime provided by the US taxpayer Secret Service protection to encourage others to give up guns.  Until that happens, I wouldn't take her very seriously.  Hillary has a do as I say not as I do mentality. 

• Like 7

This is a recent article written about Australia's point of view verses America comparing the two and Australia's saying their gun laws would never work in the United States for many reasons. It is a long article so read it when you have time. I read it all. The last few paragraphs are the most interesting about facts.

http://www.thefederalist.com/2015/06/25/the-australia-gun-control-fallacy/

• Like 4
A Federal gun ban would create a new group of criminals overnight. I can’t believe that could get passed through Congress.

Of course Hillary would do it if she could; so would Obama. Neither of them gives a damn about the United States Constitution or an individual’s right to self-defense, and couldn’t care less if they violate it.
  • Like 7
  • Authorized Vendor

That old hag needs to shut her damn pie hole. She couldn't be Secretary of State without disaster so I have no idea why anyone would feel she could be a decent POTUS. Then again....look at the loonies that support crap like she's spouting. Honest to God......any moron knows only criminals would have guns if law abiding citizens were stripped of their right. She should frequent more "gun free zones" without her armed security force. Crap like this makes me crazy.

• Like 8

It's against the TGO TOS to discuss doing things that are against the law so I'm not divulging anything, though it would be safe to say that the day that they come to take ole 10-rings guns you will never see him make another post here. 

• Like 1

You have to be glad we have a constitutional republic with three branches of government.  It is not perfect but helps keep things in balance.

A president can desire a law but if he can't get Congress to pass it, then nothing happens.  Even if Congress passes a bill, and the president signs it into law, it still needs to be constitutional and can be heard by the supreme court.

Edited by 300winmag

You have to be glad we have a constitutional republic with three branches of government. It is not perfect but helps keep things in balance.

A president can desire a law but if he can't get Congress to pass it, then nothing happens. Even if Congress passes a bill, and the president signs it into law, it still needs to be constitutional and can be heard by the supreme court.

Let's just pray we never see the day that all 3 branches are filled with liberal progressives scratching each others' backs. With the next POTUS appointing some SCOTUS, this concerns me for the future. Edited by Wingshooter
Might be a decent investment to buy up some unrepairable junk. Should be able to make a few bucks even. I've known people who've done just that on the private cash for guns programs.

One thing else to consider if it moves forward, theft will skyrocket. It'll likely be a few or no questions asked deal for those who voluntarily produce them for the buy back. Lock them down tight! Edited by Caster

Might be a decent investment to buy up some unrepairable junk. Should be able to make a few bucks even. I've known people who've done just that on the private cash for guns programs.

One thing else to consider if it moves forward, theft will skyrocket. It'll likely be a few or no questions asked deal for those who voluntarily produce them for the buy back. Lock them down tight!

"One thing else to consider if it moves forward, theft will skyrocket. It'll likely be a few or no questions asked deal for those who voluntarily produce them for the buy back. Lock them down tight!

You have a point but I think anyone that would risk stealing a gun is a thief and a criminal to begin with and they would not steal it to sell it to the cops. They would most likely steal it to commit a crime of some type..............jmho

Guns?  What guns? 

I think there was probably one of the five that didn't NRA bash and that was Jim Webb, who is a life time member of the NRA and a 2A supporter.  He doesn't stand a chance a snowball's chance in hell, but he isn't shy about his 2A stance either and has an A-rating with the NRA.

I find it interesting that the national media as not brought up exactly what Australia's form of gun control is.  It's forced confiscation.  I believe they did give near enough to cover the cost of each firearm that was turned in, but I guarantee you that it wasn't near enough to cover the cost of any one firearm, unless it was complete hunk of junk.

Bring it. Let us get this out in the open and settle it.

It's all big talk from her to a specific crowd of naive sheeple who actually believe she can do that and be successful. Wonder what the latest update on the New York Safe Act (90+% Non-Compliance) story is? You wont hear anything in the media because they are afraid to report the truth about it. On the other hand if it was slightly successful you would hear about it quite often, hyping it up to be very successful. If they can't pass a registration law in New York that works, they are truly idiots to think they can get a federal buy back to work. She wont propose that on a national forum without getting laughed at, she's playing to her base of liberal dolts.

• Like 1