West Knoxville area reloading supplies: Proneshooter

I know gunsane had a thread that mentioned this business a short time back, but I thought I'd give the good folks at Proneshooter in West Knoxville a thumbs up. :up:

Phil Hendra is the proprietor and is a genuinely nice guy. Phil is very knowledgeable and a good resource for beginning handloaders and seasoned rifle shooters. 

They have a very good in-store selection of powder for rifle and pistols at very reasonable prices. (I picked up the last couple of pounds of Unique and 4 pounds of Titegroup and some other powders yesterday.), along with a wide selection of primers, ammo, and a growing selection of quality firearms. The prices are very competitive.

And Phil can get some darn good deals on items he may not have in store in short order. And his inventory has expanded quite a bit over the past couple of months.

I like supporting local business whenever possible...and not having to pay HazMat fees on my reloading components and being able to purchase them at Proneshooter prices? It's a No Brainer for me!

I have no business interest in Proneshooter at all, but thought I'd encourage anyone in our area looking for a good home town gunstore to give these nice folks a try.

Link: http://www.proneshooter.com/index.php?

They are located behind Biker Rags near the juncture of KIngston Pike and Lovell road...almost 4 miles from my house. :pleased:

• Like 1

I definitely understand that LawVol. It's hidden way back behind Biker Rags in an area that looks like industrial storage or offices...down what looks like a drive between Biker Rags and Christmas Lumber.

They actually been there for more than a year and I didn't have a clue. Phil told me they would be putting a sign up near the road relatively soon. It's needed.

I definitely understand that LawVol. It's hidden way back behind Biker Rags in an area that looks like industrial storage or offices...down what looks like a drive between Biker Rags and Christmas Lumber.

They actually been there for more than a year and I didn't have a clue. Phil told me they would be putting a sign up near the road relatively soon. It's needed.

I drive past there multiple times a week and never knew it was back there. Great to know though!

I am new to TN and stopped by this weekend just to check it out.  It is a nice little shop and Phil seems like a genuinely nice guy and a competent shooter.  I think he has earned my business for transfers and for the 'oops I ran out of X' while reloading.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

We finally ventured into casting and powder coating 7.62x39...just in the fledgling stages at this point. Some 150 gr and some 130 gr bullets.

Darn brass for 7.62x39 if hard to come by.

We plan to venture into 300 BLK...but down the road...we don't even have a 300 BLK yet between us. That'll probably be next year.

Any powder suggestion on the PC 7.62x39 Dolo?

Thanks Dolo.

We are using Powder Buy the Pound..Red...and it's pretty sharp looking.

One of these days I'll have a weekend off when David is in town...one of these days...

Yeah. The brass finding challenge of 7.62x39 is the exact reason we are looking at switching to 300 BLK. We have a good supply of 5.56/.223 brass on hand already...so it's really a no-brainer in that regard.

I do plan to try revamping a few steel cases as I read that in another post you made. Intriguing concept...just costly to do so in bulk.

We'll be able to cast, coat, and load 300 BLK much more affordably.

I just want to get the 7.62x39 data and concept tweaked for just in case "hard times". You just never know these days.

[b]300 Blackout is more of a "end of times" caliber than 7.62x39. Brass is easy to find, easy to make and you can use any 30 caliber bullet on the market,[/b] .308"-.311". 7.62x39 can only use .311" if accuracy is important. But you can always cast for 7.62x39 but finding reloadable brass is the reason I went to 300 Blackout.

[b]I have tested PBTP and I did not have any leading until I got past 3,200 fps so it will work for most calibers.[/b]  This is golden!  Thank you! :up:

Well...you have obviously been monitoring our recent conversations LOL. That is exactly the conclusions we reached.

Now I just need to get a 300 BLK upper and get my rear in gear.

Thanks Dolo.