Will it be called "Nash Angeles" or "San Franville"??

Welcome to the new metropolitan Davidson County...

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2015/10/27/megan-barry-weighs-gun-control-issues/74697254/

Can't say there are any surprises here though.  Some words are definitely solidifying her position.  Like "Urban areas often have different challenges than rural areas when it comes to firearms. It makes sense for cities to be able to craft reasonable restrictions that protect the Second Amendment rights of our citizens". I guess I'm just too dumb to understand how local politicians have a responsibility to craft and apply  "reasonable restrictions" to the Constitution of the United States of America.

Berry's liberal history was well known before she was elected by a minority of Metro Nashville's  registered voters.  I don't know what it will take to  "wake up" the majority and get them to the polls. If it doesn't happen soon though, this is the future. All four largest cities in Tennessee all have Democratic politicians as mayors.

Posting links to articles that require joining their site to view is pretty useless.

When the story pops up, hit the x where the refresh button is on your browser. It will keep that annoying survey or join popup from activating.

If you ever been around Centenial park, San Franville does seem rather appropriate.

Surely you don't refer to the trolling gentlemen walking the parks pathways.

I went into the park last month to eat breakfast while awaiting results on some bloodwork. I haven't been stared at so much since I lost my drawers running in gym class. I actually had to leave when a couple came up to my car. Yeah, I know, I didn't have to leave, but it was either that or get my blood pressure blown up for telling my opinion of them.

But considering Berry's comments, I guess I'm writing Centennial Park off my places to stop and relax or read a book.

Back many moons ago, when I worked nights; I'd usually stop in several times a week to enjoy the lake and the flowers after getting off the third shift.

I see those days are gone for me.

I've had several one on one conversations with Barry, having sat next to her at more than one business lunch during her campaign.  She soon knew of my lean to the far right politically, yet she seemed to think she could get my vote anyway.  In one of our conversations, the guns in parks issue was in the news, and she made a point to tell me that she supported the 2nd Amendment and had a HCP.  I then asked her what she carried, and of course, she said she didn't like guns and didn't carry, but just wanted to try to see our point of view, and that she supported my right to carry, just not in certain places, lol.  No doubt she will push for even stricter gun control as time passes.

• Like 1

As mayor I don't think she has a lot of swing.  She's dangerous and should be watched though.  I hate that Nashville has grown the way it has and has been taken over by a bunch of rude liberals with out of state plates, most from the North.  It all started when the Titans got here and it's gone downhill every since.  Us natives are outnumbered by a bunch of Yankee liberals that want us to do their way, yeah, I'm a little bitter about it, sorry for the rant.  Oh yeah I also blame the sharp rise of housing cost on them as well.

• Like 4
seems like nashvegas has only catered to those who own bars on broadway or will put up an overpriced poor quality hi rise where a country music something was. am so tired of having to take detours everyday because some out of state builder had the street blocked. this used to be a great place to live, now its about dealing w the problems some of the hipster invaders brought with them from the holes they escaped from.
went to a meeting over traffic in mid tn. over a million has been spent trying to solve the traffic problem. not one genius at that meeting could see that dav county has over 10 choke points where 5 lanes got to 2 or 1 lane. no one got it until a diagram was drawn on a whiteboard. someone asked how do you get rid of these "choke points"? make the road wider was the simple answer. a member said well we cant do that. my response was really? over 12 hi rise bldngs went up where ever u could cram them by running land owners into the ground, adding lanes to existing roads shouldn't be that much of a challenge, lojac or bell construction will take your money to do it.....
rant mode off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, its either this or smoke signals!

All the points posted are why I live in Wilson County, although someone spilled the beans and the liberals are now moving in.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I grew up in Mt. Juliet and spent a lot of time in Lebanon with my grand parents.  I've lived elsewhere since 2004 and moved back to Mt. Juliet this summer.  Well, Lebanon isn't the bigger of the two towns anymore and the whole county has been saturated with tons of people moving in from other places.  Unfortunatley it seems that most of them are yuppie liberals that didn't like it where they lived and want to make our home exactly like where they came from.  Mt. Juliet was more or less an agricultural community when I was growing up but now there are very few farms left.  We traded all of our farms for yuppie housing, if that's not depressing I don't know what is.  I did see a tractor on Mt. Juliet road between Walmart and Providence during rush hour, made me laugh when I thought about how many of those yuppies must be mad about being stuck behind a tractor.

Edited by 10-Ring
  • Like 2
Violent crimes by armed criminals don’t happen because of guns. The only way to survive a home invasion or an armed robbery is to comply (and hope they don’t kill you) or kill your attacker.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how these people think disarming law abiding citizens will help. Are they so ignorant that they think criminals won’t be able to get guns? Drugs have been illegal for many years and most offenses are felonies; obviously getting drugs is easy.

And I wish they would quit calling it the “Gun Show Loophole”. They aren’t interested in controlling the sale of guns at gun shows; they want to stop private sales; period.

The very people that want more in-depth background checks are the same people that are not willing to do what that would require; open medical records to the government. (more than they already are)

I would suggest this Mayor go on some street patrols; of course that won’t happen without an entourage of security. But maybe she could sit in on or view some interviews where she could truly look evil in the eye. I doubt this woman has any idea what it’s like on the streets of her own city. I wonder if she has thought about the last thoughts of the victims in shootings were they know they are going to die, because the cops are minutes away and they are in a gun free zone.... I have.

The only way to stop an active shooter is with another active shooter.
  • Like 2

I grew up in Mt. Juliet and spent a lot of time in Lebanon with my grand parents.  I've lived elsewhere since 2004 and moved back to Mt. Juliet this summer.  Well, Lebanon isn't the bigger of the two towns anymore and the whole county has been saturated with tons of people moving in from other places.  Unfortunatley it seems that most of them are yuppie liberals that didn't like it where they lived and want to make our home exactly like where they came from. 

I've lived in Mt. Juliet since 1977 and that is exactly what happened.  People with money and a naive viewpoint left the hellholes they created, moved out here, and recreated them.  I'll never understand that.

• Like 2