Ohio gets it

There are many school systems looking at doing what Ohio did. With all the threats that are coming out of ISIS about attacking our country in the heart and that is thought to be DC. If you think about the real heart of our country it is our children. I don't think schools can ever have enough security but if I was a school system looking for Security I would begin turning to our unemployed Veterans and giving them jobs as counselors or working with sports teams or Deans of young people just to talk with them and have all of them armed but having trained personnel on the grounds every day. People that know gun fire when they hear it and don't run from it but towards it. I think Dolo touched on some of this in another thread.............jmho

• Like 1

I'd be somewhat surprised if ISIS targeted schools. It's certainly within their sphere of evilness to do so, but they would probably take a significant hit in recruiting capability. They'll get the crazy psychopaths no matter what, but right now they also get the impressionable angst-ridden people too which they can then work to form into crazy psychos. Start blowing up schools and you start having those potential recruits rethinking their desire to join ISIS.

Maybe I'm giving their potential recruits too much credit.

I'd be somewhat surprised if ISIS targeted schools. It's certainly within their sphere of evilness to do so, but they would probably take a significant hit in recruiting capability. They'll get the crazy psychopaths no matter what, but right now they also get the impressionable angst-ridden people too which they can then work to form into crazy psychos. Start blowing up schools and you start having those potential recruits rethinking their desire to join ISIS.

Maybe I'm giving their potential recruits too much credit.

In a way I agree with this - a decent amount (I cant put a number on it) who travel to the physical Caliphate are more or less hopeless and looking for a change - they dont become radicalized until they have no choice; VICE (whom I generally dislike) had a pretty good interview with a former head of Security for ISIS about how they strip them of their identity.

The guys who would hit schools, churches, hospitals, etc - those are the super fanatic psychos who act like lone wolves/splinter cells who would hit these targets; which works for ISIS because they can choose to take credit or not, and it strikes terror no matter what.

However I do not think that some dudes who roll up a school a la VT or Sandy Hook - most likely drive a van or car strapped with fertilizer based explosives and take out a main enterance during pickup/drop off - it fits their MO, high casualties, low overhead, and no one is going to quetion a mini van waiting at school.

I applaud Ohio, everyone should be doing this - even though against IEDs itll be a moot point, but a deterent nonetheless.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

It was 10 years ago on September that terrorists struck the school in Russia killing 300 with 186 of them children.  What is to say it won't happen here? Schools are soft targets. When they say they will strike DC, that is probably a very big diversion to get America focused on protecting Our countries Capitol and elected government which would not succeed because of the extra security that is located there. But a school does not have a military force protecting it.

I guess they finally proved to Putin that ISIS brought down his countries Airbus over the Sinai so now he is bombing Raqqi but he is to late cause France beat him to it so he is bombing rubble. At least he has now decided that ISIS is his enemy also. Now ISIS had got 3 different military's countries bombing their locations. I wonder who they plan to piss off next. ISIS has said no one is safe........... :shrug:  

I am sure ISIS has long since vacated Raqqa.

I expect a video in a week or so with a bunch of dead women and children followed by more decapitiations and that we cannot defeat Allah

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well what was left after France got done with them may have vacated Raqqa so like I said, Russia was dropping bombs and firing missiles into what was left after France got done. Now if we can we need to find out where they plan on sitting up house keeping at next so someone can strike it.........jmho

• Like 1

Beslan was a slightly different situation (still makes me cringe thinking about it) and not completely inline with the current TTPs of ISIS, but I could still see something similar happening in the states.  CCW teachers don't stand a chance.  I still support teachers (really anyone) carrying as much as possible.  

Per Al Jazeera America

"Boko Haram has been blamed for scores of attacks on schools and universities in an insurgency that has killed at least 17,000 people since 2009. The armed group made international headlines in April 2014 when its members kidnapped 276 schoolgirls from a school in Chibok, a town in Borno State, Nigeria. Fifty-three of the school girls escaped but the rest remain missing." 

ISIS may or not attack our schools. If they do armed teachers won't help much but in reality it's been lone gunmen mostly. Columbine and West Side Middle in Arkansas are exceptions rather than the rule. This has been the only threat so far and armed teachers can make a difference in these shootings. These punks tend to eat lead themselves when faced with armed resistance. That is what this is about.