Glock 17 or 19?

ironsniper1

so i am going to get my first handgun to get my CCW and after spending some time at gander mountain in mt juliet yesterday i have narrowed it down to these two, they both feel great in my head the weight on both is awesome, but i just cant decide, if i could i would get both and be happy lol but what do y'all think?

It is almost a wash to be honest, the 19 and 17 are pretty similar in size, but the 19 gets the nod for carrying. I have a 32 (same size) and it feels just fine. Not saying you cant carry a 17 but I am pretty short and skinny (5'9 and 165) and dont like the 17 touching me.

All you lose with the 19 is 2 rounds and some barrel length. They shoot the same and feel the same - Id go with whatever is more comfortable.

If you ever get down to Clarksville I have 8 or 9 different Glocks you could shove down your pants and walk around with if youd like.

The 26 or 43 would be a bit better for carry, 12+1 in a 26 with an ext mag is pretty decent too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I am a caliber snob. I have 1,000% just realized it right this moment. The whole time I am asking myself why not a 20 or 21 in my head. I know there is brand snobs, but I am thinking I am way worse when it comes to size. No wonder I married MM.

It is almost a wash to be honest, the 19 and 17 are pretty similar in size, but the 19 gets the nod for carrying. I have a 32 (same size) and it feels just fine. Not saying you cant carry a 17 but I am pretty short and skinny (5'9 and 165) and dont like the 17 touching me.

All you lose with the 19 is 2 rounds and some barrel length. They shoot the same and feel the same - Id go with whatever is more comfortable.

If you ever get down to Clarksville I have 8 or 9 different Glocks you could shove down your pants and walk around with if youd like.

The 26 or 43 would be a bit better for carry, 12+1 in a 26 with an ext mag is pretty decent too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

You disappoint me grasshoppa. I really thought you'd at least mention a 20 or 21. You of all people. :squint:

I am a caliber snob. I have 1,000% just realized it right this moment. The whole time I am asking myself why not a 20 or 21 in my head. I know there is brand snobs, but I am thinking I am way worse when it comes to size. No wonder I married MM.

You disappoint me grasshoppa. I really thought you'd at least mention a 20 or 21. You of all people. :squint:

Aha! Proof Glock 20/21 are chick guns...lol
  • Like 1

Get a 19. You can use Glock 17 mags in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS ^^^^^^. juat add a x-grip to the 17 mag.  That's what I like about my 26, I can use 26/17/19 mags.  :up:  I really want to chop a 19 frame to fit all three mags.  

Edited by Rhodewarrior
  • Moderators

THIS ^^^^^^. juat add a x-grip to the 17 mag.  That's what I like about my 26, I can use 26/17/19 mags.  :up:  I really want to chop a 19 frame to fit all three mags.  

I would still suggest a Glock 19 Gen 4 over a Glock 26 though because the Glock 19 has a rail. To me that's important. But it is very nice to be able to "step up" on mag size and keep compatibility.