M&P 9 Full size : any changes in last 3 years ?

tercel89

I have had 2 M&P 9 full size pistols and loved them . The only thing I hated was the fact that it has the big take down lever on the side , the roll pins , and the fact that you have to remove the rear sight to get to the firing pin safety. Well I am back again and trying to buy another M&P 9 Full size and I am going to keep it this time LOL . Has anything changed in the last 3 years to the full size 9mm pistols ? I am wanting to get the "plain jane" M&P 9mm full size.

I just got a new M&P 9 Pro... shoots fantastic... like it better than my 1911s.  Only thing I'm gonna change is put some truglo sights on it.

I got the Pro because it has a slightly nicer trigger than the plain jane... and I wanted the 5 inch barrel.

I also noticed the 3 backstraps are all the newer texture like used to only be in the large size... all 3 of mine are like that.

Edited by cjohnson44546
  • Like 1

I picked up an mp 9 performance center, ported slide and barell Shoots great outta the box, added an apex trigger setup I love it even more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you put the Apex parts in it yourself ? If so how was it when you were taking it apart ?

Did it myself,easy to take apart, easy to put together, the utube videos are a must as there's minimal instructions. There's a trigger pin that comes pre installed which makes the install a lot easier. I bought their armorer block which wasn't really necessary,but it helped.'a little putting it together. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

UPDATE: I got the M&P Fullsize 9mm new with 3 17rd mags for $398. Quantico Tactical has them priced at that for Military , Law Enforcement , and First Responders .

WOW this trigger is way better than I remember my older M&P being.It is even the same or a little better than my Shield. The trigger reset is just awesome now , almost , not quite the same but darn close to the Glock reset .

I am pleased.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're happy, and smokin deal!

Thanks and I'm sticking with this one this time. Hey , since you are an M&P man ,  goto my other thread I posted tonight about the extractor pin slightly sticking out on the underside of my slide. I put a picture of it in the post. Do you think I should get a hammer and punch and pop it back upwards a little so it will be flush with the underside of the slide ?

Congrats on the new toy, that is a smokin deal!

I paid over 6-bills for my M&P 9 Compact w/ 1 17rd mag (and extended cover, but that was only like 20-bucks!), after sales-tax.

Very happy with the piece as well.

Unfortunately, I don't qualify for that discount, that's a very VERY good deal.

- K

• Like 1
I got my M&P 45C out of Lay-A-Way at Harvey's Pistol and Pawn here in Knoxville last Friday. It was $416 out the door, brand new! Didn't get to the range this weekend. I hope to get there this weekend!!!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I got my M&P 45C out of Lay-A-Way at Harvey's Pistol and Pawn here in Knoxville last Friday. It was $416 out the door, brand new! Didn't get to the range this weekend. I hope to get there this weekend!!!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

$416 out the door for a big bore M&P is SMOKIN !!!!  That's great !

• Like 1

Here's my new M&P with my G17 for comparison. I'm gonna run some of my own loads through it tommarrow. The "small" grip insert on these feels great. Even though I like the Glock 21 with that large 2X4 grip  , the small grip on the M&P feels sweet .

[url=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/fullsize9s_zpsh7bchene.jpg.html]fullsize9s_zpsh7bchene.jpg[/URL]

Edited by tercel89

I got to looking and noticed that the "key lock" safety option thingy is not present on these newer frames. When I had my older M&P it had the little round plug in the frame where the key lock safety would go if it had the option. That's cool with me. Less crap in it.

I have been considering an M&P for some time.  Most that have them really like them and they also seem to fit me well when I have tried them at the store.  I just ordered a full size with two 17rnd mags for $379.  Pretty hard to pass up for that price.  

If anyone is on the fence:

https://www.gunbuyer.com/

The full link wouldn't work, but just go to handguns and it will be there.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1