HCP Renewal App - Want a Copy

Hey, a plea to anyone who gets a HCP Renewal App in the mail.

Unlike a 4473 or many state handgun apps which can be found online, no copy seems to exist of the TN one.

Due to a question arising from the other thread in this forum, I would very much like to see the exact questions and how they are worded, and my next one is till about 6 months away.

So could someone make a readable scan or photo of it and get it to me? Need one as exists this year.

thanks in advance

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I did mine last May and renewed in the DOT office because of extended permit to match up dates on my DL and I may still have at home(wife is a pack rat). I will check and see and scan if I do.

If you mean May of this year, that would be great. Seems there may have been a change for 2015, but not sure, so even last year's one might well help.

- OS

Once you get within 6 months, you can call and request a renewal app. I just got my renewal last week - sent the app in about a month earlier. The renewal app they sent me was pre-populated with most of my data. I just had to check a few boxes, sign it and send a check. I was surprised the renewal app was personalized; they must have some new software to play with.

Once you get within 6 months, you can call and request a renewal app. ...

Yeah, I know. I still have about a month before I can.

This is just to answer a question about the change in the rehab clause I'm quite curious about, that only the exact wording of the question will resolve.

- OS

Yeah, I know. I still have about a month before I can.

This is just to answer a question about the change in the rehab clause I'm quite curious about, that only the exact wording of the question will resolve.

- OS

I don't think I made a copy of my app before I sent it in. I'll double check though.

I couldn't find the new app online anywhere. I was really surprised it was a personalized renewal app. The last time I renewed it was the multi-part application just like the original HCP application.

Edited by bubbadavis
I do mean this year. I got a 6 year and 1 month permit to get me to my 50th birthday and I think I saw the mail notice in the filing cabinet at home the other day looking for something else. I will check.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I have my renewal right now. I will try to scan it and upload tomorrow. Message or quote me tomorrow to remind me and I'll do it.

Outstanding.

I'll pm ya with my email if you want to just send scan or camera file at full resolution that way.

- OS

I do mean this year. I got a 6 year and 1 month permit to get me to my 50th birthday and I think I saw the mail notice in the filing cabinet at home the other day looking for something else. I will check.

Great, whichever you or CZ get around to it first would be great, I'll update so the other doesn't have to make the effort.

Lemme know if you want my email to send that way if its you.

- OS

• Moderators

Hey, a plea to anyone who gets a HCP Renewal App in the mail.

Unlike a 4473 or many state handgun apps which can be found online, no copy seems to exist of the TN one.

Due to a question arising from the other thread in this forum, I would very much like to see the exact questions and how they are worded, and my next one is till about 6 months away.

So could someone make a readable scan or photo of it and get it to me? Need one as exists this year.

thanks in advance

- OS

EDIT: Clicking allows you to view it larger. Might I ask what thread this came up in?

kGToJE1.jpg

MptXeOa.jpg

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Like 1

EDIT: Clicking allows you to view it larger. Might I ask what thread this came up in?

The latter part of thread in this same section, but I see you've posted it there also so you found that out.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/91873-carry-permit-while-on-probation/

Again, thanks so much. I saved both images just for reference.

- OS

• Moderators

The latter part of thread in this same section, but I see you've posted it there also so you found that out.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/91873-carry-permit-while-on-probation/

Again, thanks so much. I saved both images just for reference.

- OS

Of course!! I mean if you want to pay my renewal fee as a thank you...

Haha no problem at all.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
As a serious note, my understanding is that as long as you get the application to them before it expires you are good, right? It says allow 3 months for processing. Mine expires 1/19. If I mail it off 1/4 think I will run into any legal issues carrying?

As a serious note, my understanding is that as long as you get the application to them before it expires you are good, right? It says allow 3 months for processing. Mine expires 1/19. If I mail it off 1/4 think I will run into any legal issues carrying?

The only problem with mailing it in close to the expiration date, is that you won't maybe have the receipt letter they send before it expires, which you technically need to keep with you to carry after expiration date if you haven't yet received the new permit itself.

You could (shudder) go by DMV and do it though, even like the day before or whatever, and they give you a receipt that covers you.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Moderators

The only problem with mailing it in close to the expiration date, is that you won't maybe have the receipt letter they send before it expires, which you technically need to keep with you to carry after expiration date if you haven't yet received the new permit itself.

You could (shudder) go by DMV and do it though, even like the day before or whatever, and they give you a receipt that covers you.

- OS

In that case I might just do that...wait up until just before it expires and go to the DMV.