It's official. EOTech sucks.

MrJones79

I have a 512 on my rifle, no complaints.... but then again I'm not humping it through a desert.

I agree. If you're just using it in normal conditions it's probably not an issue at all. The part that sucks is that the company was shady and covered the issue up for years. Can't see the brand really surviving the lawsuit intact in the consumer market, and now way in hell the gov't ever uses their sights again. Edited by MrJones79

I agree. If you're just using it in normal conditions it's probably not an issue at all. The part that sucks is that the company was shady and covered the issue up for years. Can't see the brand really surviving the lawsuit intact in the consumer market, and now way in hell the gov't ever uses their sights again.

Right and the resale value on my device probably just dropped like a rock.

I used one for my "work" weapons and they are just fine. Ive seen more M68s break than anything else.

Im down to buy $50 EoTechs lol.

Only one I've ever had was a 512. Worked plenty well for me and I regret letting it go. Buddy of mine used one on multiple tours and it still works flawlessly, though it's beat to snot. I'm only 1/16th operator, Eotechs are fine for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one I've ever had was a 512. Worked plenty well for me and I regret letting it go. Buddy of mine used one on multiple tours and it still works flawlessly, though it's beat to snot. I'm only 1/16th operator, Eotechs are fine for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same ive used a 512 on Mk18s, M4s, SCAR-Hs, had it on my ACR my PS90 and my AR Pistol - still had the original batteries too after 5 years

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Eotech has stood on their own merits against Aimpoint, Trijicon and others. I doubt the government filing a lawsuit against them will change anything.

Cheap Eotech's? Like to see them sell againist that. That wouldn't make the competition very happy.

About 10-12 years ago I got in on a group buy and picked up three EOTech 512s at a really great price. One went on a rifle right then and is still in use.. One has been on several different rifles over the years and currently sits atop my Socom 16.. The third, still new in the box, was used as partial payment on a rifle I bought last year and I was credited 1 1/2 times what I paid for it.  All three still work perfectly.

I understand that real battlefield conditions can be hard on equipment and failures do occur. But for my uses, the EOTechs have done very well. 

So rather than just saying EOTechs suck, I think the real issue here is that the company hid a known problem.

• Like 1