Virginia to end reciprocity with 25 states

I came from Maryland where there are more Utah permit holders then MD state holders.  There were instructors all over the place.  If I remember correctly any NRA certified instructor can become a Utah instructor but I could be wrong.

Why? MD doesn't recognize Utah permits. More people care about carrying in some nearby states than in their own, or what?

I am guessing within the next year there will be instructor all over eastern TN.

Why? A Utah permit adds no states for a TN permit holder.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Why? MD doesn't recognize Utah permits. You have that many Marylanders going all the way to Utah to vacation or something?

Why? Last time I checked, a Utah permit adds no states for a TN permit holder.

- OS

All the states around Maryland accept the Utah permit.  Maryland is like New York only the privileged can carry. 

Utah permit are still recognized in VA.  So Jan 2015 there was no advantage in Jan 2016 it gets you VA.

Thanks

Robert

All the states around Maryland accept the Utah permit.  Maryland is like New York only the privileged can carry.

Yeah, I forgot MD's "may issue" is basically "will not issue".

Utah permit are still recognized in VA.  So Jan 2015 there was no advantage in Jan 2016 it gets you VA.

You not reading the thread in which you are commenting?

- TN permit has been honored all along through Jan 2016 in VA
- And now will continue to be honored as of Feb 2016 in VA

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Just saw the new stuff this morning, is this in affect as of today? The Wife and her Sis are going to VA today and I would like for her to be able to take her Sig. Thanks.

Joe W.

Dropping recognition wasn't going to take effect until Feb. 1 in the first place, Jan was free and clear all along.

Announcement supposedly today regarding negating the edict before it even takes affect.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

Another "compromise" where gun owners give up something and gun grabbing fascists give up exactly Jack ####! Why does that not surprise me?

Not sure exactly what we gave up. The prohibiting subjects of permanent protective orders, from my understanding, was already the law under federal law. And adding troopers at gun shows to do voluntary BG checks doesn't seem like losing anything. I would describe it as the VA Gov being thirsty and winning two empty buckets. 

But don't think that the VA ledgslature may not still come back in a few months and hit him with some pro gun bills as payback. He did a really stupid stunt to win nothing but more enemies.

• Like 3

Not sure exactly what we gave up. The prohibiting subjects of permanent protective orders, from my understanding, was already the law under federal law. And adding troopers at gun shows to do voluntary BG checks doesn't seem like losing anything. I would describe it as the VA Gov being thirsty and winning two empty buckets. 

But don't think that the VA ledgslature may not still come back in a few months and hit him with some pro gun bills as payback. He did a really stupid stunt to win nothing but more enemies.

Yeah, just means that supposedly you can't keep your guns as per state law in VA if you get that type of order of protection. 'Course, as poor as state enforcement is, doesn't mean they're gonna come check to see if you still have them, any more than the feds do.

- OS

• Like 1

Yeah, I forgot MD's "may issue" is basically "will not issue".

You not reading the thread in which you are commenting?

- TN permit has been honored all along through Jan 2016 in VA
- And now will continue to be honored as of Feb 2016 in VA

- OS

1) Well at the time of the posting my understanding was they were going to end I thought it was Jan 31st 2016 not Feb 1st 2016.  So I was off by 1 month.

2) I hadn't seen where they reversed that decision last I had read was reciprocity was going to end pretty much now.

With the reversing of that decision there is no reason to get a Utah permit and you likely won't find any trainers in the area unless things change.

Thanks

Robert

You were off by 1 day, not month. Don't know why no UT certified trainers in TN and not just east TN. I travel to WV and VA and this going to be a real PIA if not reversed. Looks like a moneymaker for trainers.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Been in the Tri-cities since Tuesday.

Have traveled from State St to Volunteer and vice versa multiple times.

From State to Volunteer, you're on the TN side on the return trip, you are in VA.

The only control the guv'mint has control is when you break a law.

When there aren't enough law-breakers (read that- we don't have enough control) guv'mint simply makes more laws...

Maybe I'm simply an alarmist since I read Atlas Shrugged.

• Like 1