Journalist registry

I've been hoping a lawmaker would do this for a long time. I just wish he would have let it play out a little longer so we could see how the media would completely lose their minds.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/20/south-carolina-bill-would-require-journalists-to-register-with-state.html

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

And do you think registering journalist is a good idea?

No more than demonizing the 2nd Amendment and those that appreciate it. 

I think sometimes we long for "the good old days" when the press was "responsible".

I'm just not sure that there was ever a time when that was true. News is a product like potato chips.

• Like 4

SC State Rep. Mike Pitts wins the "Stupid of the Day" award for 20 January 2016.  Hard to take anyone who would resort to a sophomoric stunt like that seriously.

I agree totally.  Of course, the Republicans are trying desperately to get one giant sophomoric stunt elected POTUS, so things like this don't surprise me.

• Authorized Vendor

I agree totally.  Of course, the Republicans are trying desperately to get one giant sophomoric stunt elected POTUS, so things like this don't surprise me.

I honestly think the run of the mill Republicans like Bush are more upset about the lead Trump and Cruz have than Demonrats are. I don't think "Republicans" like what has happened at all yet fail to do anything constructive to stop or counter it.

• Like 1

"Republicans" are responsible for Trump just as "Democrats" are for Clinton and Sanders. Maybe they should stop lining their pockets, stop pissing and moaning, and do their jobs as servants of the American People.

As to "stupid of the day", I think you missed quite a few other contenders.

Edited by GhostDog
  • Like 3

I appreciate the bill, not because I think that we need to register journalists but because I think that people who oppose the 2nd amendment need to realize how idiotic they sound and the only way that is going to happen is if we threaten to take away something that they like.

• Like 2

SC State Rep. Mike Pitts wins the "Stupid of the Day" award for 20 January 2016.  Hard to take anyone who would resort to a sophomoric stunt like that seriously.

It was never intended to be taken seriously, it's called, "making a statement". It's pretty obvious what he was doing. 

• Like 1

It was never intended to be taken seriously, it's called, "making a statement". It's pretty obvious what he was doing. 

He made a stupid statement.  It's serves no purpose, gives opponents a punchline, and what's worse, since the article said he actually filed the bill, staffers from his office and the clerks of their legislature who all work for the state of South Carolina actually had to spend work time on this statement instead of useful things like I assume people want them to be doing while being funded by their dime.

He made a stupid statement.  It's serves no purpose, gives opponents a punchline, and what's worse, since the article said he actually filed the bill, staffers from his office and the clerks of their legislature who all work for the state of South Carolina actually had to spend work time on this statement instead of useful things like I assume people want them to be doing while being funded by their dime.

The difference is that Democrats file bills as or more stupid than this and they mean it.  I think it shows just how much of a hypocrite the other side is, watering down one Right while fiercely defending another.  Maybe, doubtful, but maybe it may get some to realize just how bad of an idea it is to attack the Bill of Rights.

• Like 3

Yea whatever.

Registering journalists will lead to the confiscation of journalists. You can have my Liz Hasslebeck when you pry her from my cold, dead hands.

Heather Nauart is already registered as the hottest journalist.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JMH42/media/HeatherNeauart_zpsce391679.jpg.html]HeatherNeauart_zpsce391679.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1

I appreciate the bill, not because I think that we need to register journalists but because I think that people who oppose the 2nd amendment need to realize how idiotic they sound and the only way that is going to happen is if we threaten to take away something that they like.

The 1st amendment protects their right to sound idiotic.

We can agree to disagree on my other posts...but whoever that is you mentioned doesn't hold a candle to Robin Meade- the true hottest journalist in all the land.

I also have an unhealthy obsession with Robin Meade which is going into its 14th year. After intense deliberation on a deployment long ago, it was determined that I would sacrifice any finger, with the exception of the thumb, on my left hand in order to nail Robin Meade.