Well, write an essay and spend $1,100 on a class to carry?

• Authorized Vendor

And the bad guys will just keep on doing what they are doing to obtain a weapon. I swear to God these liberal dipsticks just get more asinine every damn day and it's the law abiding people that pay for their ridiculous ideas and behavior.124.gif

• Like 5

And the bad guys will just keep on doing what they are doing to obtain a weapon. I swear to God these liberal dipsticks just get more asinine every damn day and it's the law abiding people that pay for their ridiculous ideas and behavior.124.gif

I love that emoticon, GT! :)

That's why no matter what the state laws are, preemption is always better than not.

Knife laws around the country are if anything even more numerous and convoluted than firearms laws, and we're one of the few states that have state preemption over them also.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
I doubt that any of our essays on here would pass. But that’s what you get when a Chief of Police or a County Sherriff has sole discretion with no rules in place. The $1100 “Training” also helps keep the riff raff (ordinary citizens) out.

This is an example of stuff that makes cops look bad. He has no intensions of issuing permits, except maybe to a few of his friends. I would suggest that the city needs a new Chief. But since the City Council adopted it unanimously; that won’t happen; they are as crooked as he is.

My essay would be a copy of the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution which gives me the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and no where in it does it state that I must write no essay and no where in it does it state that I must go through any class that costs 1100.00 bucks to have that right. I am quite sure this will be challenged in court very soon if it has not been already.............jmho

I don't know.  Sometimes I think this is their punishment for continuing to elect these jackasses.

• Like 1
I wrote an essay once. It was a nice letter too, he didn't write me back though, maybe he moved, maybe we're not essays anymore :shrug:

If I had to write one again, in this case I'd just grit my teeth and use a few 8.5x11" sheets of paper as TP and send that in, there's there essay and they can eat it for a snack later as far as I'm concerned.

It's blatantly obvious to anyone who can think logically, it's has nothing to do with keeping bad guys/gals(criminals) from obtaining guns. Since they can't completely ban civilian ownership of guns, they write and pass laws like this to make it as difficult and inconvenient as possible to buy or carry a gun. I know this is about carry but look at their laws just to buy a gun. Liberals can't outright ban guns from citizen ownership but they certainly want to and will do everything they can to make that possible.

In an online discussion I have, no joke, had at least one idiot - maybe two or three, I can't recall for sure - tell me that a few criminals with guns isn't nearly as worrisome to them as all the 'gun nuts' running around carrying guns and with personal arsenals at home.  This wasn't a case of folks just trying to stir the pot - they were consistent in statements opposing legal gun ownership, either in part or in total, over a long period of time.  Yep, you read that right - to the irrational, delusional mind of at least some anti-gunners getting robbed at gunpoint by a cracked-out thug isn't as scary as the possibility that you or I might have a legally carried firearm on our person while sitting at the table next to theirs in a restaurant.

It is the liberal way of control. They just keep chipping away 1 at a time. It is like how to eat an elephant, 1 bite at a time. One cannot fathom the ignorance of these idiots in charge. How is it that some police superintendent has the "power" to determine who does or doesn't get a carry permit based on some essay? You know that a long time ago they tarred and feathered people like this or put them in the stocks and threw sh!t at them!! I am for bringing that back. Peaceful law abiding gun owners just want to be able to shoot or hunt without all the hassles. I saw a program on last night about the anti hunting humane society getting all the money to help the poor mistreated animals and only about 1% of the money went to the animals and the rest was spent on anti hunting campaigns. Everyone needs to really research where they send their donations to.

• Like 1

In an online discussion I have, no joke, had at least one idiot - maybe two or three, I can't recall for sure - tell me that a few criminals with guns isn't nearly as worrisome to them as all the 'gun nuts' running around carrying guns and with personal arsenals at home.  This wasn't a case of folks just trying to stir the pot - they were consistent in statements opposing legal gun ownership, either in part or in total, over a long period of time.  Yep, you read that right - to the irrational, delusional mind of at least some anti-gunners getting robbed at gunpoint by a cracked-out thug isn't as scary as the possibility that you or I might have a legally carried firearm on our person while sitting at the table next to theirs in a restaurant.

I loathe people that hurl insults on the web, (both left and right), but I think that with that person who said that to you I would be a hypocrite and respond with something like, "So you're telling me that you're an idiot. Got it!" BTW: I saw one of those such persons post a similar statement on a news report. He ran some sort of gun-grabbers group. If they refer to us as "nuts" it tells the uninformed that we are dangerous to everyone else. I wonder if they can be sued for slander under the right circumstances?