Any interest in a Centerfire Biathlon in Tennessee?

I just attended my second Oklahoma Run N Gun, and thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread.  Details are here (http://www.okrunngun.com/), but the short version is that it's a 10k rifle/pistol match.  Scores are 50% run time and 50% shoot score, and you carry all of your gear throughout.  Here's a highlight video from my run this year to give you a better idea of what it's like:

https://youtu.be/_L7U8M0_1UI

may have some land available that would work for an event such as this, but I would need a WHOLE LOT of volunteers and RO's to make it happen.  And although I've helped at a lot of different matches, I've never put on my own match start to finish.  So this is no small undertaking.

Not to mention there would have to be enough demand to go through all the trouble to put it on.  In Oklahoma they have 90 paying customers (they run them all in a single day - RO's run the day before) and sell out in a week or two.  Match fees there are $100 each.

Or if someone else has a better idea for a place/person to host this, I am 100% all on board to help however I can.  IF I can get landowner permission we would be starting from scratch with raw forest, so the land I have in mind would be the hardest place possible to do it.  The Oklahoma folks will help however they can, sharing insurance, legal, administration,etc. details and likely come out to shoot too.

What do you think??? 

Edited by Matt in TN
  • Like 2

Do they have a class for us over 70 years old....Walk10 meters, shoot, sit 10 minutes,Walk 10 meters shoot, sit 10 minutes.... LOL

Regis

Now this I might be able to handle. lol

Awesome course. Now how did you do in the rankings?

Re-reading this, I want to say I'm not ridiculing you or this type of event. If I could do the things necessary in it, I'd be right in the thick of it. Well at least the tail end of the pack anyway.

But if you get it all together, I might be in line to help out with it.

I just noticed. Baxter? Wow. My old home. Edited by hipower

Tip of the hat to anyone who even attempts one of these. :bow:  How long of a "rest" period would you need to steady yourself to even shoot at targets, especially after 6k or so.  I would need a "rest" period after 50yds.   :biglol:   This reminds me of one of those newer endurance races I've seen on TV a couple times.  

Now this I might be able to handle. lol

Awesome course. Now how did you do in the rankings?

Re-reading this, I want to say I'm not ridiculing you or this type of event. If I could do the things necessary in it, I'd be right in the thick of it. Well at least the tail end of the pack anyway.

But if you get it all together, I might be in line to help out with it.

I just noticed. Baxter? Wow. My old home.

7th out of 117 total (81 did the 10k, the rest did the 5k).  Most guys carried an AR, but I'm a stubborn glutton for punishment with the FAL and extra weight.  :-)

If DBTN is in, I guess I am in?

The only difference I request lets not do a  5K or a 10K.  But a 3.10 or 6.2 miles, I like the imperial units of measurements than the metric system...........  :cop:

• Like 1

Have you seen Trooper Division in Ironman 3 gun?

I've seen it, but from what it looks like you just carry all your gear instead of using a baby stroller. I do that already. What am I missing?

I've heard an "Ironman East" may be coming to Peacemaker this year - I might have to make that trip!
  • Like 1

If DBTN is in, I guess I am in?

The only difference I request lets not do a 5K or a 10K. But a 3.10 or 6.2 miles, I like the imperial units of measurements than the metric system........... :cop:

If it makes you feel better, the 10k course was actually 6.73 miles, so they can't do the math either. ;-)

We could do it in rods, chains, or leagues. "I just ran 393,700 inches!!!". Edited by Matt in TN
  • Like 1

I'm in! I'd help however I could, being in Memphis, and I would participate.

That being said I feel like a 5K would be a good start. You'd have to clear less land AND guys like me who aren't runners would be more apt to attend.

Just my humble opinion. Looking forward to more info.  

• 5 months later...