Revolver carriers sound off

This thread is for those of us that carry a wheelgun everyday for self defense.

Since December '13 I edc a Ruger LCR .357 loaded with .38's with a HKS speedloader.

I carry it in a Uncle Mikes iwb holster or I use that holster to pocket carry. The holster stays in when I draw.

I've had and tired a few semi auto's and yet none have felt or shot like my LCR. Edited by FortKnox

Currently carry a S&W model 38, prior to that it was a S&W model 36-2. Two Bianchi speed strips in my pocket. My brother has tried to convince me to convert to the Glock model 26. Actually is smaller than my current carry, but I just don't care for Glocks. Guess I'm just old school. Capacity is not a concern.

• Like 2
S&W 638, Kramer horsehide pocket holster, 158 gr +P LSWCHP, Safariland speedloaders. After 12 years the 638 looks a little beat up.

When I carry OWB, it's a 3" Model 65 with .357 158 gr JHP in a Galco paddle or an EPS Street Combat.
  • Like 1

I pocket carry an LCR .357 loaded with Gold Dot short barrel magnums. They have very little more recoil than a .38 +P. When I go hiking I will usually carry a S&W 686 plus, 2.5 inch barrel in an OWB holster also loaded with Gold Dots or 180 grain hard cast if in bear country. The LCR will also go along in the pocket when carrying the 686.

I don't always pocket carry ( nor am I the most interesting man in the world or drink Dos Equis) but when I do.... I carry:

Smith 351c with CT laser grip and trigger job loaded with 7 rounds of Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel + a speed strip.  Replaced a 351 with a hammer, I no longer carry.  Yeah I am a 22 mag revolver fan.

Actually one of the most comfy and reliable options I have found, no recoil and decent round count.  There is something about revolver that breeds confidence that it will simply work.  I've put loads of rounds through this with no problems...unless you shoot maybe 50-60 rounds quickly and the cylinder gets a little hot...sometimes, not always, can start to have sticky extraction problems.  Lets face it, that has no bearing on a DGU situation.

Yeah I know you can diss the round but I'm thinking that in most social situations outside the house it will work.   If I am at home and facing numbers, it just gets me to another option. 

• Like 1

I carry a Charter Arms undercover and have since 1974. I would hate to guess how many rounds have gone down the tube. Not the smoothest trigger but is ok when you get used to it. Never had a problem and I didn't always take the best of care. If you miss out to 25 or 30 yards it's your fault.

Sold my 442 to a buddy - got to missing it about two weeks later. Picked up a 640. Mmm Steel. .357 is angry out of the 'lil dude. I could handle 38's all day long in the 442 - a box of .357's and I'm done shooting the 640 for the day.

Though not every day, I often carry a S & W 642 either in a concealment express kydex iwb holster or a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. When concealment is not as much an issue, my favorite is my S & W 686 + Talo 3 5 7 edition with a 3 inch barrel in an owb Desantis holster.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
ec545b284d5f9dba18e78d0aea6eac10.jpg

Edited by jascott
A J-Frame Smith either OWB or pocket carry. I have had several of my fellow HCP holders explain to me that I stand no chance against the ISIS battle group that inevitably assaults my neighborhood Walmart. Whereas, they with their neato double column semi-autos will be able to save the day by taking out the entire ISIS organization with two extra magazines of 9MM. This is based on their combat experience at some neat school at some pistol range. I spent a total of 60 months in combat in VietNam (4 Tours) with the USMC so I am in no position to question their superior logic.

I only need 5 shots to shoot the dumb SOB that goes looking for me and finds my hiding place. Edited by wjh2657
  • Like 13

A J-Frame Smith either OWB or pocket carry. I have had several of my fellow HCP holders explain to me that I stand no chance against the ISIS battle group that inevitably assaults my neighborhood Walmart. Whereas, they with their neato double column semi-autos will be able to save the day by taking out the entire ISIS organization with two extra magazines of 9MM. This is based on their combat experience at some neat school at some pistol range. I spent a total of 60 months in combat in VietNam (4 Tours) with the USMC so I am in no position to question their superior logic.

I only need 5 shots to shoot the dumb SOB that goes looking for me and finds my hiding place.

Amen brother...!    Well said...

Thank you for speakin out...

admirin leroy....

With the Glock 42/43 being the hot carry gun there is not much difference now between power/capacity over a .38 snubby.  The one thing taught in many classes

is with auto  misfire/jam  tap rack slide    with revolver     "pull the trigger again"