SIG SRT trigger kit

I did a search and didn't find any specific post about this so I thought I'd add it for those that might be interested.

I have a SIG P220 Carry Equnox that has roughly 1500 rounds through it. I was disappointed to discover that this custom shop P220 does not have the SRT trigger parts in it from the factory. Why SIG doesn't make this a standard on all the P2XX pistols is beyond me other than its an extra $50 for them every time its ordered...

I like SIG triggers a lot, and have a 1998 vintage P229 that has seen more rounds than I care to count that has an incredible trigger after all these years. The P220 isn't that good but not bad out of the box it was 5.25lb on my scale, and after 1500 rounds was in the 4.75lb range. I added the SRT kit which is a new sear, and safety lever (firing pin block lifter). Easy install if you are used to detail stripping a SIG.

The re-set is significantly improved, but surprisingly so is the trigger pull weight. I made no modifications to the parts, no polishing, etc. and the trigger weight was reduced to just a bit over 4lb, a nice bonus that I thought its worth noting. There appears to be a leverage difference between the SRT sear, and the standard one.

For those who have SIGs this is a worth while upgrade and its all factory SIG parts, nothing aftermarket, or modified.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.