Glock Glock, Whos there?

We are, Kevin and Kali

With the world being what it is today, we just (Dec) purchased our first hand guns and received our carry permits.

We live in Knox County and are thinking of setting up a hand gun range on our property.

One of our jobs takes us to diverse areas of Tn, Ky, Ga, Va, and Al. So having a little something to go is a great relief.

We also own rental homes  and our interests vary from our Harley (Road Glide) PS4 (not so much since we got our guns) doing our own rehabs on houses, Kali loves to garden and reclaim furniture and decorations for the yard.

For our home we have the Glock 17 4th gen, I carry the 43 and my wife has the 42 (380) Also from one of our renters we got a Marlin 22L rifle, it seems he thought someone was upstairs and having not used it for 3 years he fumbled and shot a hole in the French door window.

No one was hurt no animals just a $68.00 window. When we went out to secure the window he asked me to take the rifle as he said he clearly shouldn’t have a weapon LOL.

Were mid 50’s and have been in Knoxville since 2000.

Thanks for having a great site.

• Like 5
I'm just busting on comms you'll understand after a while...

The most important part of caliber selection is being able to shoot it well. You may or may not choose to move up to more powerful weapons in the future. For my wife she decided she liked a 9mm S&W shield the most. At the time the glock 42 wasn't available or the decision may have been different...

Again welcome to the group.
  • Like 2
Sidecarist, on 19 Feb 2016 - 7:13 PM, said:

Really you'd rather they use a 380 than a 40? That's just narrow minded...

Welcome to the group!

Sidecarist LOL I am a veteran of conflict.

I started with Hot Wheels vs Johnny Lightning (That one went to blows)

8 Track vs Cassette (I backed the looser)

Big vs Small (more than a handful is a waste? I just like em all :dirty: ) 

Atari 800 vs Commodore 64 (It didn't matter in the end) 

PC vs Apple (still out on that one)

PS vs Xbox ( I leave that one to my adult sons to battle)

If your willing to rattle my cage it means you see me, thanks.

• Like 3

Welcome to TGO.  It's hard to argue with the quality of a Glock.

You mentioned traveling to various states.  Make sure to review their gun laws. 

Virginia is one the the states you listed.  They have just done some very anti-gun things.

Pete123, on 19 Feb 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

Welcome to TGO.  It's hard to argue with the quality of a Glock.

You mentioned traveling to various states.  Make sure to review their gun laws. 

Virginia is one the the states you listed.  They have just done some very anti-gun things.

You are wise and helpful.

I did hear of Va getting all prissy and we will adjust ourselves when we go there, I just hope it doesn't make me feel that weird "Oh crap my seatbelts not fastened" feeling when I don't have anything with me :confused: .  

I'm at the point where I don't feel it anymore, its just part of me.

• 3 weeks later...
I went to the Gun show last weekend at the Expo center in Knoxville. Picked up a new Gen 4 19 and we're very happy with it.
I'm going to fit it with a suppressor if you have one (and are happy with it) please post the barrel and suppressor you have I need some real input to help make up my mind. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 5 months later...

Well I went to the dark side and ordered a G 41 [emoji2] as the Ammo for a 45 is subsonic when my silencer gets out of jail it will grace the front of it as well as the 19 and 43, but with the 9mm will have to be 147gn so it kinda evens out to shoot 45mm LOL

Welcome Guys.  I'm just starting to get in to Glocks my self,looking to put a reddot on one now . I grew up in Union and Grainger County right outside of Knoxville.

ca3422b0a28420f49120d9a79ab0fdef.jpg this is going on my G41 MOS
When the TICS gets its head out if it's A$$.
Last year I was turned down, appealed and nothing came of it, paid for TBI and FBI reports finger prints and all.
1977 misdemeanor in Il. 1988 misdemeanor Ca. neither disqualified
me.
Dec last year got my Carry permit no trouble, March this year bought my G19 no trouble, but now I was TD for my G41 Arrrrggggh. Make up your mind (well in my favor that is).
So now my shiny new toy sits in my FFL dealers shop and I'm waiting.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Kevinandkali said:

ca3422b0a28420f49120d9a79ab0fdef.jpg this is going on my G41 MOS
When the TICS gets its head out if it's A$$.
Last year I was turned down, appealed and nothing came of it, paid for TBI and FBI reports finger prints and all.
1977 misdemeanor in Il. 1988 misdemeanor Ca. neither disqualified
me.
Dec last year got my Carry permit no trouble, March this year bought my G19 no trouble, but now I was TD for my G41 Arrrrggggh. Make up your mind (well in my favor that is).
So now my shiny new toy sits in my FFL dealers shop and I'm waiting.

That sucks. I went through something similar getting my permit over some forged checks, one of the clerks at the courthouse didn't do their job. It's hard to fix something when nobody will tell you what's wrong finally got it straightened out though. I caught a TBI agent in a decent mood and they gave me a little hint, if not for that I'm not sure what would have happened. Good luck on everything!

• Like 1