Guns & Leather Hired to Destroy Three Brand New Guns!

So did G&L refuse or do as requested?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They did as requested, but charged them for the service. But, they wanted to film G&L destroying the rifles, but G&L said no. G&L tried to buy the guns, but the antis said their company told them they had to be destroyed. At first, G&L thought that the guns may have been used in a suicide. After all, who would want to destroy brand new guns! I think G&L called the GS where they had been purchased, and began to put two and two together.

It's been several years, but I was selling a glock on here and a guy from Brooklyn tried to buy it and have me mail it to him for an extra $200. Or drive it up there and meet him in Pennsylvania. I just brushed it off but turned out there were similar offers to other TGO members selling pistols on here. I'm still not sure if it was someone wanting an illegal gun or if it was a probe from the Feds. And this was when TGO was MUCH smaller than it is now.

Ummmm...  yeah, lack of registration, etc.

Take it from a former resident, you have NO IDEA how restrictive the gun laws up there are, especially in/around NYC/Manhattan/Long Island.

- K

So the consensus is that, for example, if the anti-gun group in New York gives me money to buy guns with the idea that I will later have them destroyed then there is nothing illegal because the gun that is purchased actually belongs to me and the anti-gun group never has any real, legal control over it?  Hell, somebody tell me how to get in touch with those folks - I've never been all that interested in owning an AR but if someone is going to give me money to buy one then I'd love to have one.  Sounds like I'd get a nice hunting rifle to boot!  I mean, if they are my guns and they can't legally have any control over them then they have no, legal way of forcing me to destroy them after I buy them, right?  How great would it be to buy oneself a couple of brand new guns with money from a bunch of antis?  As a consolation prize I'd probably send them a picture of me with a big, ol' grin on my face while shooting my new guns.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

So the consensus is that, for example, if the anti-gun group in New York gives me money to buy guns with the idea that I will later have them destroyed then there is nothing illegal because the gun that is purchased actually belongs to me and the anti-gun group never has any real, legal control over it?  Hell, somebody tell me how to get in touch with those folks - I've never been all that interested in owning an AR but if someone is going to give me money to buy one then I'd love to have one.  Sounds like I'd get a nice hunting rifle to boot!  I mean, if they are my guns and they can't legally have any control over them then they have no, legal way of forcing me to destroy them after I buy them, right?  How great would it be to buy oneself a couple of brand new guns with money from a bunch of antis?  As a consolation prize I'd probably send them a picture of me with a big, ol' grin on my face while shooting my new guns.

That’s how I see it. The intent of the law is that you go through a background check; that is done. And as long as you don’t transfer ownership of the gun to them, no one really cares where the money came from.
I don’t know why we should care who bought it or from what store. If they think buying new guns and destroying them will help; roll on. I have some guns I’ll sell them.

For anyone interested, I think G&L eluded to the possibility that they may cover more of the story this Sunday night, on their show between 7PM to 8PM. on 99.7 on the radio. Until we know the whole story, it seems it is almost impossible to determine if any state or federal laws have been broken or not. The details may show this incident was an effort in making a false propaganda video, to continue the liberal fight to shut down gun shows and gun stores. Hopefully, we can get the full story Sunday night... hope everyone will listen to the G&L show, on 99.7, between 7PM and 8PM and post what you take away from it on here.

Oh I agree this guy had no thought to challenging the law...  just saying if you think a law is unconstitutional there are was to get standing to challenge a law that do not require you to place yourself at risk of being arrested ;)

True, but this statement makes me think none of that really mattered...

While they don't own the firearms, they can have you sign a contract that by accepting the money you agree to use that money to buy X and then have it destroyed in a certain manner.