Thoughts on Armor?

Don't personally know anything about SKD but I've yet to hear anything bad about them. Some people will say Condor will be fine if you can look at it before you buy but others say don't waste your money.  Mayflower will probably out of your price range unless you find a used one but they're built more around the ar platform than ak. Exception coming to mind being the Gen V which has inserts for 308, ar,and ak. Spiritus would be in the price range but again they don't have anything yet for AK magazines. You could probably get an HSGI AO chest rig as well under that price range. The last thing that comes to mind is the Extreme Gear Labs VOCR or the Haley Strategic chest rig, which is more or less the same thing. All of the above are also compatible with Swift Clips that you see on some plate carriers so they can be stand alone or attached directly.

Thanks. I'm going to look at all of those. The reason I want a slick rig is so I can throw my AK micro rig, shotgun rig, or Esstac rig over the front. I'm assuming all of these carriers will have room for plates and soft armor.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm not at all professionally connected to SKD in any way, but they appear to be running a good deal on armor right now. It apparently involves a group buy through AR15.com (yes I know......there's not a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.......) .  It is for a Paraclete SOHPC plate carrier (http://www.skdtac.com/Paraclete-SOHPC-SKD-Spec-p/par.106.htm) and 2 stand alone level IV 10x12 plates (http://www.skdtac.com/SKD-Armor-10-x-12-Level-IV-Stand-Alone-Plate-p/amr.905.htm). The package is selling for $399 !

Here is the link to their ad.....SKD ARMOR GROUP BUY.  

7 minutes ago, Cruel Hand Luke said:

I'm not at all professionally connected to SKD in any way, but they appear to be running a good deal on armor right now. It apparently involves a group buy through AR15.com (yes I know......there's not a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.......) .  It is for a Paraclete SOHPC plate carrier (http://www.skdtac.com/Paraclete-SOHPC-SKD-Spec-p/par.106.htm) and 2 stand alone level IV 10x12 plates (http://www.skdtac.com/SKD-Armor-10-x-12-Level-IV-Stand-Alone-Plate-p/amr.905.htm). The package is selling for $399 !

Here is the link to their ad.....SKD ARMOR GROUP BUY.  

That's a pretty good price for that bundle, though I wish it had a certified rating or at least release the results of the independent testing on those plates (the video was nice to see).  Most plates run around $250-$300 a set just by themselves, so for anyone just getting a system this is definitely a good deal.