How old is this deer?

Well, I finally got my deer back from the taxidermist on Friday.  What I really want to know is how old this deer is? He was an absolute beast to handle, it was like gutting an elk.  The pictures do not do his body justice, I would have loved to seen how big his rack was when he was in his prime(he taped at 134 inches), now the hair on his face is quite grey.  I shot him at 100 yards with my 308 pistol while his nose was to the ground chasing some does.  If you can judge his age by his teeth, please, let me know what you think. 
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:16686]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:16685]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:16684]
Edited by my82cam
  • Like 1

Thanks, this is actually the smaller buck that was in the area.  The one I saw and wanted to shoot friday night(last day of archery) looked like a mule deer!  He was 77 yards an broadside, didn't even think about trying to shoot him, I didn't want to risk wounding such a great animal, that is a shot I have never practiced nor will I.  Wish I had my 308 on that Friday!  Still thankful to have shot him, Indiana river bottom sure knows how to grow em!

• Like 1

Question, I am having trouble getting picutres to post.  How can I get pictures from my computer to "my media" in the reply section?  I have some pictures of the teeth from the top but aren't sure how to post them.  

Yeah, the area he is in is nothing but corn and beans.  Does that make the teeth wear quicker or slower, how could you tell he has been eating crops(other then me saying he was from indiana deer)?

Question, I am having trouble getting picutres to post.  How can I get pictures from my computer to "my media" in the reply section?  I have some pictures of the teeth from the top but aren't sure how to post them.  

I can't say about the 'my media' thing, but I've been using this website to post pics to the internet for discussion forums and such:

http://postimage.org/

Pretty simply to use, generates codes for you to copy/paste. And it's free-as-in-beer!

- K

Not sure on the taste of the meat, I donated it to hunters for the hungry.  After I shot him at 100 yards, the does ran to 200 and I shot one, they ran to 275 and I shot another.  So, I had some good eating meat :)