NRA Annual Meeting - Head Count

I'm going with 5 others. Staying down at the Brooks area (exit 121). I'm going to try to attend some of the seminars and workshops. I'm skipping the NRA-ILA meeting this year. It was pretty decent last year, but it cuts into several workshops. All of the speakers are recorded and posted online within a few days anyway, so I can hear what all of them have to say at my own schedule.

My list so far includes:

• SURVIVAL MINDSET: ARE YOU PREPARED?

• DEFENSIVE SHOOTING SKILLS DEVELOPMENT

• THE GUNS OF PEARL HARBOR

• SNIPING IN VIETNAM

Per the usual, some of those conflict with the others so I'll have to make some decisions later.

Edited by monkeylizard

I'll be there Friday with two of my buds.  I still have one open seat in my truck if anyone wants to ride with.  I plan on being there a bit before the doors open and walking around until my legs fall off and then driving home.  Hopefully I'll find something I can't live without like a new trigger for my Rem 700 or at least a few T shirts.   

We had been planning to go and purchased tickets to hear the candidates like last year - it was awesome last April in Nashville.  But the way things have turned out I don't really want to drive 4 hours to hear what Trump has to say...I'm thinking we won't go.  Of course we will vote for Trump if he is opposing Hillary, but it is a vote against Hillary...not necessarily a vote for Trump.  B

I was going to go this year for the first time but life got in the way..... next year for sure.

Speaking of next year.... I booked my Atlanta hotel today. There are still a few with great rates.

April 28-30th 2017 at the Georgia World Congress Center

Hyatt Regency has some good rates and so does the Hilton Home 2 Suites. That one's just a few blocks away and $125.10/night if you're a Hilton Honors member and book through the Hilton site. If not, it's free to join. $28/night for parking but that's pretty normal for everything in downtown Atlanta.

Going with another TGO'er. We reserved rooms back in December. We'll be staying within walking distance and the rate was not jacked up due to the event at the time I reserved the room!!!

• Like 1