We're Back!!! Upgrade to IPBoard 4 complete!

3 hours ago, Hozzie said:

David, I wasn't trying to imply any expectation that you should be sitting around waiting for us to think up things to change.  I fully understand this is not your first priority, no problem there.     My hope (or to be honest, expectation) would be that IP gives you some easy to change parameters that allows you to change how a function works.  I suspect they have a decent size team working in this and as we all know, customers want options.  

I probably do think about some of these items in a bit more technical detail than some as I am immersed in discussions on a daily basis on these types of things, so my expectation of software in general is pretty high.  My real goal was to simply ask the workflow of most users.  For me, workflow optimization is the key to any and all good software and UI's.  I don't expect any changes immediately.  In time, if a majority of users express that this may be a more optimized workflow, I will leave it to you to decide if and when to see if it can be done.

Along those lines, if you knew it wasn't even an option then it would stop the discussion from being necessary was my other reason for asking.  I apologize if it came across as sounding like I was complaining about a lack of responsiveness.  That certainly isn't the case.  I was simply replying to OS in that instance that just because everyone else does something one way, doesn't necessarily make it the most optimized way.

I think we need to go have those beers you mentioned before.  I suspect our discussion would be quite agreeable :cheers:.

So translation, you can help fix the issues you don't like and make it work? You're hired! :up:

j/k :lol: 

• Like 1

I decided to actually use the site for a while before making any comments.  Now that I have been using it I must say I really like the new site.

The mobile site specifically I think is very good.  I was always a Tapatalk user and really disliked the old mobile site.  The new mobile skin looks good and is very responsive.  The unread content link at the top of the page really helps the mobile site.  I just keep that page open and can quickly check to see what is new.  After viewing I click the mark site as read link so the next time all I see is new info.  Makes it much easier keeping the site clean and readable, at least for me.

One of the features I really like on the desktop version is the post preview.  Now instead of just seeing the first sentence when hovering your cursor over the link you get a text box where you can scroll through the whole post.  

Overall I think all the changes were really positive.  Thanks to TGO David for all the hard work.  :no1:

• Like 2

I have used the site under the new software for since it was installed, no need to reset password for me.

Took a bit to "find" the "read first unread post" button. LOL

Then took a bit to figure out how to show posts since last visit, all ok now.

I do not use Taptalk on my tablet, so the new software looks better that the old did.

Like the old software, if I leave FireFox open I stay logged in (even if I leave TGO) till I close FireFox then I have to log in again.

All in all, nice upgrade:up:

Just notced my laptop (what is the word for skipping a line) when I type.

Will try from my tablet on Friday.

Edited by RED333
Beacuse I can

Gona try a test, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMM UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I do not remember the old software skipping a line If I hit enter to go to the next line.

The new software does.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

But a run on sentence does not skip a line, UM.

Edited by RED333
Because I can

Ok, this is weird.  So I went to enter a reply and as soon as I clicked in the reply box, it populated the box with a post (below) that I thought I had already posted.  It did this once before but I deleted it and entered the reply I wanted.  Does this software autosave?  If so, where is it stored, and when is it supposed to flush it?

I'm ok with the way it is, I seem to be able to hit the button on my tablet consistently, maybe if the button was a little bigger it would help others a bit.  As for switching the function, I think it works as is, the title SHOULD take you to the top, such as a forum title, the blue button would be counterintuitive if it took you to the top of the thread.  I don't know if the old software had this function (last read) but I like it, before I had to go to the last post and scroll up to start where I !eft out.

Overall I'm a fan of this upgrade, seems there are quite a few improvements over the old one.  Maybe we need to give it a little time to get used to it and concentrate on bugs for now.

19 minutes ago, RED333 said:

Gona try a test, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMM UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ok, this was what I was going to reply to (without quote, so not directed specifically to it); the hard return (Enter) gives you a new paragraph, a feature I kinda like and wish other forums did this, a long post without paragraphs is difficult to read and some people really like to type.  Now, you basically type until you want a new paragraph, the post will wrap around until the end.

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor

I like the upgrade. Everything works just fine for me. I'm sure there are new things that would make something easier or quicker but I've figured out most everything I need to get around so that's all I need. Thanks boss.:up:

I haven't followed this thread, so this may have been covered.  

A big thanks to TGO David and anyone that helped him on the upgrade. 

I work with techies and can say that upgrades like this aren't like our cell phone carriers where you re-boot and everything works.  They are a pain.  Everything has to be done a certain way, usually when the rest of us are sleeping.  Even if you do everything right, it still may go haywire.

Sometimes I wish I was a techie due to good pay and job security.  Then, one of my tech leader friends will tell me about how their website went down at 11:00 pm and they were up all night trying to figure out what was wrong and fix it before company president gets to work and finds out that no one can buy anything because the website is down.

• Like 1