Where do you buy your cast boolits?

I've been casting and reloading for years, but I don't cast for .40s&w. I just got a KT Sub in .40 and it is a blast to shoot. I did find some used dies, but now need a cheap boolit source.

So where do you order your boolits from that won't kill me on shipping? Only need a box of about 500 to start with.

Thanks!

No idea, never used one with them.  I don't think they have many out there, I have probably looked at one point or another.  I always felt their prices and shipping were fair so I didn't give it much effort.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

Same for me also Missouri Bullet-I use their 9mm cone 125gr and their .40 cal cone in 180gr.All good so far.I also have a box of 210gr for my .41 Mag.They have very fair prices and shipping and they are darn near local.

• Like 1

check out the plated bullets (copper plated) at x-treme bullets.  they are the same price and/or lower over their cast lead bullets.  once i started with plated bullets i don't order any more cast lead bullets for pistol.  the only cast lead i do now is the ones i make out of wheel weights for rifle use.  i use plated for all pistol rounds. they use to give free shipping for first order.  sign up for news letter and get free shipping and 5% to 10% off all the time.  they send a email out every day with some special deal.  hard to beat and ship fast. 

• Like 4

Missouri Bullet gave Mo Shooting Sports (Mo NRA affiliate) a discount.  They might give TN Gun Owners a discount if someone with authority from forum asked for the discount.  IIRC it was 5 or 10%.  I don't shoot cast so never ordered from MB. 

• Like 1

For cast lead bullets, most use the same alloy, the same molds, and the same machines for casting. Some just do a better job of QC and some let you select the correct size for YOUR guns. Someone will like every one of the companies and someone will complain about every one of the companies.

1) Look for some place close that you can drive to and visit.

2) mastercastbullets.com, Missouri Bullets, Penn Bullets have been my choices for years.

3) For coated, I haven't found any better than Precision Bullets  (Kemp, TX?). Work perfect. They are swaged and VERY consistent in weight and dimensions. For Bullseye competition, I use Precision Bullets or Zero swaged lead bullets, as they are the most accurate I have found.

4) Check out prices at Precision Delta and learn that you really can afford excellent jacketed bullets--particularly for 9mm and .38. Order 2000 and you may pay less than plated and many cast bullets.

Edited by noylj
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, noylj said:

Check out prices at Precision Delta and learn that you really can afford excellent jacketed bullets--particularly for 9mm and .38. Order 2000 and you may be less than plated and many cast bullets.

Well, I went to Precision Delta and their prices for jacketed bullets are way out of my budget and much more than cast.

So far, Missouri Bullets have the best prices for me. I have no need to move up to plated, coated or jacketed.

Tennessee Valley Bullets, 

Scotts Hill, TN

Jessie Clark - owner

Excellent cast bullets. I've been using them for years. Accuracy is excellent and I've never had an issue with leading. I can't praise them enough.

Jessie used to run the gun show circuit selling his bullets and other reloading supplies. You've all probably seen him at one time or another. He's since given that up, but still makes bullets on the side . If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll give you his phone number. 

Support our local boy! :up:

• 2 months later...

Cast my own for decades. Currently, I have HOA that would take a dim view of such things and I can't find any free lead and I am retired and not in the best of health, so I BUY all my bullets now.

1) Missouri Bullets: 125gn cast L-SWC $34.50/500 (7 cents/bullet) or coated lead for $37.50/500 (7.5 cents/bullet)

2) Precision Delta: 124gn JHP $89/1000 when you buy 2000 or more (9 cents/bullet).

Then, there are my favorite coated bullets:

3) Precision Bullets: 125gn FP coated bullets $225/case of 3500 (6.5 cents/bullet)—VERY accurate—right there with PD JHPs—they are swaged for consistent dimensions and weight and, for me, almost always beat out cast bullets for accuracy out beyond 25 yards .

For .45 Auto, I can't beat Zero 200gn swaged L-SWC from Powder Valley $154/2000 (7.7 cents/bullet) or Precision Bullets swaged and coated .45 200gn SWC at $203/case of 2250 (9 cents/bullet) for accuracy for Bullseye shooting (since I am not casting my RCBS 452-201-SWC or H&G #68 any more.

• 4 weeks later...