S&W M&P in back pocket: Interesting sight

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2016 at 10:34 PM, shotgunshooter said:

He probably is unwilling to spend the money on training or decent equipment. I'm sure we'll see him on the 5:00 news here soon after he accidentally shoots himself.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Or unable. I was lucky when I was able to buy a real pistol (had a Sunday Nght Special, ie auto not revolver) and my friend tossed in a belt and a holster. Otherwise I'd have had to make do with my Versa Carry which didn't work well with a Ruger SR9C FTR. 

Also FTR, I'm not a bum, but while my wife makes good money, I'm a govt worker, we send our son to private school and we bought a house because it was near the in-laws (built-in babysitter for our newborn at the time) and not because it was in our price range. So a decent belt/holster was something I'd have to save for.

Or unable. I was lucky when I was able to buy a real pistol (had a Sunday Nght Special, ie auto not revolver) and my friend tossed in a belt and a holster. Otherwise I'd have had to make do with my Versa Carry which didn't work well with a Ruger SR9C FTR. 

Also FTR, I'm not a bum, but while my wife makes good money, I'm a govt worker, we send our son to private school and we bought a house because it was near the in-laws (built-in babysitter for our newborn at the time) and not because it was in our price range. So a decent belt/holster was something I'd have to save for.

I'm having a hard time believing that someone who goes out and buys a nice gun to carry wouldn't think to spend a few extra bucks on a holster. No I don't believe that this is a case of someone not being able to afford a holster but a case of laziness. It's the same as people storing mountains of ammo and thinking that if the balloon goes up they will suddenly be able to protect themselves. I deal with people like this fellow every day. Someone I know will ask me about some gun or new part and I will ask them if they have the basics for their gun. If they don't then I recommend them getting these: a set of steel sights, a holster, a mag pouch, and a good belt. I'm sorry but if you can take the time to save up for a gun then you can save up for equipment. If we want to be completely honest I usually buy the equipment before I get the gun. I'm not saying that this guy had to have brand x,y, or z to be right but if you're going to take the responsibility to carry a gun to protect others and yourself at a minimum I would say having a holster is necessary. You have no excuse for not having these things for a gun you intend to carry if you are carrying it. Your mileage may vary and that's my ever so humble opinion.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A few years back, the wife and I were eating at the wolfchase  Ihop.  Sitting at a table  behind us,  was what looked to be a family in their mid 20's.    The male  was sitting with his back to me  reaching across the table playing with his 5ish year old daughter who was sitting next to the mother, who didn't seem to happy.

He had what look to be a glock 22 just stuck in his jeans, no holster no belt.    It was about to fall out.  I still can not understand how it didn't fall out while we were there.   It was in full view.  It was so far out I think if anyone would have grabbed it he would have never noticed it.    I kept thinking what an idiot.  I was thinking you are so worried about you and your and family's  safety...but anyone can grab your gun and you would not be able to a thing about it.  I wanted to say something but he seem like he probably would not have taken any advice from anyone.

Last weekend we were in the new walmart off whitten road in Memphis.  There was a woman bent over getting something off the bottom shelf.   She had what looked like a s&w shield or the size of a shield sticking straight up out of her jeans.   She did have a IWB holster on.  She was bent over for a bit of time. Anyone walking by could have took it and I do not think she would have known it.  If someone would have taken it from her, unless she was carrying another pistol on her ankle she could not have done anything to stop it.  After she stood up she did put her shirt  back over it.   She was on the skinny side and had skin tight pants on.  I was thinking how is she hiding it.   She walked by us later and if you didn't see it when she was bent over, you would never have known she had it.

This is the stuff that scares me.

Edited by ou812
  • 6 months later...

Stoner Holsters hakes a holster that fits in the back pocket and prints like a wallet. I can carry my M&P shield all summer long. Best concealed carry I've found for year round carry. A lot better than that hunt and seek I had to do with IWB holsters around my flat tire.