Chillhowee... How are the Lines Lately?

I haven't been to any gun shows in a couple years & I'm in the market for a LC9s & am considering going this weekend. Have the lines shortened much? I remember a couple years ago when lines stretched all the way down both sides to the parking lot. With sky high local prices it may be worth the 150 mile round trip to the Jacobs Building.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever considered buying online? GrabaGun has the LC9s for $329 and the LC9s Pro for $339. Shipping on either one is $5.99. And you probably already know but most shops only charge $25-30 for transfer. That route may be better than gas for the trip, plus the $10 entry or whatever they charge these days, plus tax and higher gun cost if you buy from a dealer.

2 hours ago, Matt8090 said:

Ever considered buying online? GrabaGun has the LC9s for $329 and the LC9s Pro for $339. Shipping on either one is $5.99. And you probably already know but most shops only charge $25-30 for transfer. That route may be better than gas for the trip, plus the $10 entry or whatever they charge these days, plus tax and higher gun cost if you buy from a dealer.

My local gun shop charges $60 for handgun transfers ($50 for long guns) & a private FFL I used to use no longer does transfers so I'd have to make a drive out of town either way. A guy I've been talking to on the Ruger forum recently posted his LC9s he bought at one of the Knoxville R&K shows for around $330 + tax. I figured if I can find a deal anywhere in that range or even a little more (or hopefully get lucky & find a FDE model) I'd be as well off, plus I'd have the excuse to pay a visit to Quaker Steak & Lube for some wings afterwards. :cheers:

Holy Crap! :eek: $60 on a handgun transfer!?!? My main guy does regular transfers (non-nfa) for $20 and the other I have used is $25. But yeah, the Quaker Steak & Lube does make a good excuse to get down this way... Good luck in your search!

I use Gunbroker a lot. My son has a FFL and charges me the family price + tax for the transfers. It's a win win situation for grandma and I. I get to fill out the 4473 while we're playing with our grandchildren.

I went yesterday. We got there a few minutes after 11:00 & the parking lot was full, but no line or waiting at all. I left a little after 1:00 & the parking lot was half empty. I found a few really good deals, but not on what I was looking for. Brand new SR9 (not the 9E model) & SR40s were going as low as $399. I saw a couple SR9Es for $339. LC9S models were selling as low as $329, but not in the color I wanted. Ironically I saw more than one older LC9 (not LC9S) priced at over $500. I found a few Berettas & M&Ps with average prices, but you always have a few vendors pricing them $100-$200 over MSRP. Pistol magazines were insanely high yesterday so I ordered some for a lot less online after I got home. When it was said & done I drove 150 miles round trip & only went home with two buckets of Quaker Steak & Lube hot wings so not a total loss.

I went today, no lines. I walked around and looked through all the tables. Bought a few mags and some ammo. I didn't see many good deals, everything seemed a little high to me.

Edited by McGarrett
spelling