Posting Glitch

Ok, it has happened a few times now.  I write a post, and in this case I use the preview, then when I think I am done I hit submit topic but the whole thing just disappears.  I has happened on chrome on my tablet and now in Internet explorer.  Not sure what causes it, one I was posting a new topic, and others I was replying so not sure what they have in common.

I am going to copy this one just in case it disappears.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had this happen several times both on the older and new platform.  I got to the point that if I have a post that is more than a short paragraph I open Text Edit and type it there so that I'll still have it if needed.

If you ponder too long while putting your thoughts together composing a post you might be getting automatically logged out for inactivity.

It's happened to me before.  If I'm feeling especially verbose or profound I'll copy & paste to Notepad and back.

Edited by Garufa
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, a follow up to this.  It is still doing it, I was typing a post on this forum and after two previews, first no problem, second preview showed no text; when I closed the preview window the text was still there in the typing box but no matter what edits I did to the text or title, it would not post, just went to a blank post screen (as if I didn't type anything).  So I just copied the post and started a new one; I was still logged in so it was not that it logged me out or anything.

My prob is "stuck" quotes. Depending on whether editing or just coming back to a post that I started a reply to but decided not to post, I'll get quotes I can't get rid of. Even if I delete what's in the post, leaves a blank quote field. Or it'll "remember" a response from another thread I didn't post. Or some combination of such. At any rate, I'll wind up with quotes I can't get rid of (except once in a while I can highlight one, select all, and delete - but doesn't work all the time).

There's also the prob of trying to quote something from one page into a follow from another page. Even multiquoting, it doesn't bring the first one forward. In the previous version, could at least switch to the plain code version or whatever it was called and copy/paste it, but can't with this one.

Possible it's just user error and I'm not grokking something about each prob, dunno.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Administrator
On 6/9/2016 at 4:46 PM, Omega said:

Ok, it has happened a few times now.  I write a post, and in this case I use the preview, then when I think I am done I hit submit topic but the whole thing just disappears.  I has happened on chrome on my tablet and now in Internet explorer.  Not sure what causes it, one I was posting a new topic, and others I was replying so not sure what they have in common.

I am going to copy this one just in case it disappears.

A new version is in beta right now.  Let's see if the release fixes this.  If not, I will flag it as an issue with the developers.