AK Enthusiasts

59 minutes ago, RC3 said:

I though you couldnt sell home built rifles in tn.

No federal law and no TN law against it, and no serial number required either, as long as you aren't "in the business" of making them for sale -- in which case you better have a federal manufacturing FFL in the first place.

No difference from the legal transfer of any other firearm you own, can't be "in the business" of doing that without a license either.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
2 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

No federal law and no TN law against it, and no serial number required either, as long as you aren't "in the business" of making them for sale -- in which case you better have a federal manufacturing FFL in the first place.

No difference from the legal transfer of any other firearm you own, can't be "in the business" of doing that without a license either.

- OS

thats wonderful to know. Still not getting rid of her.

ATF says (in a letter all over the gun forums) if you transfer ownership you need to have it marked per 27 CFR 478.92.

Some of the gun forum “legal eagles” biggrin.gif  dispute that because the wording of the statute specifies “licensed manufacturers or importers”.

I would go by what the ATF says unless you have unlimited legal funds. 

15 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

ATF says (in a letter all over the gun forums) if you transfer ownership you need to have it marked per 27 CFR 478.92.

Some of the gun forum “legal eagles” biggrin.gif  dispute that because the wording of the statute specifies “licensed manufacturers or importers”.

I would go by what the ATF says unless you have unlimited legal funds. 

Yes, CFR is titled, "How must licensed manufacturers and licensed importers identify firearms...."

I have never seen this letter that says differently and a search didn't help. Got a pointer?

- OS

10 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Yes, CFR is titled, "How must licensed manufacturers and licensed importers identify firearms...."

I have never seen this letter that says differently and a search didn't help. Got a pointer?

- OS

Second paragraph on page 2.

ATF's%20AMD-65%20Response%20-%20Pg%201.j

ATF's%20AMD-65%20Response%20-%20Pg%202.j

2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Second paragraph on page 2.

ATF's%20AMD-65%20Response%20-%20Pg%201.j

ATF's%20AMD-65%20Response%20-%20Pg%202.j

Seems clear to me, just says that transfer must be according to the CFR as to markings. Just ATF keeping things as ambiguous as possible as per their culture, and veiled threat that you better not be makin 'n sellin dem heaters for profit dontcha know.

- OS

• 1 month later...