I think I need this new Ruger

Raoul

I REALLLYYY like 1911's in 9mm-that one looks like a keeper.I am glad Ruger finally joined the 9mm ranks.It is the near same weight as my Kimber Pro Aegis so it should be fairly easy to carry also.

Edited by krunchnik
goofed up
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, Grand Torino said:

After all the hell you've been through lately you should get that and maybe something else...just sayin'.;)

You are wise and kind my friend. I am compelled to follow your advice.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Looks like a winner to me. Wonder what the street price will be?

Dunno, usually at least 25% less than MSRP once supply stabilizes.

Might eventually make my first foray into 1911 Land with this baby myself. I consolidated calibers long ago, and have never wanted to add .45 to the mix. An attractive and presumably reliable  pedestrian 1911 9mm version like this one is pretty compelling.

- OS

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Would it surprise anyone to know that I REALLY want one of these?  I'm disappointed that its not a full size all steel, but I'm sure thats coming too. 

Capbyrd's Ruger addiction makes mine look like a casual habit :rofl: .

I have wanted a 1911 for a few years, like OS I have my calibers fairly wrapped up so adding .45 has been a love hate proposition for me though. I'm not sure which caliber I go with, but I bet it's a Ruger either way. :up:

• Like 1

I have two questions on this that I cant find answers on .

1. Is it "made" as a 9mm or was it a converted .45acp model. I say "made as a 9mm" like how the Springfield Armory EMP was made as a 9mm with different demnsions and all unlike other 1911 9mm's. 

2. Does it's barrel have an attached feedramp to keep the aluminum frame from getting chewed up by the cartridges ?

If yes to both above questions then it should be GREAT ! It sure looks and sounds neat .

Edited by tercel89