UFC fighters ain't no joke!

Sam1

I saw that fight. I was surprised how cyborg crumpled from the knee because it didn't look that bad. After seeing the x-ray it all makes sense now. That looks nasty. 

Edited by KahrMan
4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm a MMA / UFC fan myself. What really surprises me is, to the best of my knowledge, there's more deaths and permanent injuries from boxing and football than MMA fights.

Man that's got to hurt!

If you stop and think about it when an MMA fighter is hurt the fight is stopped. When a boxer is hurt they don't stop the fight until the third standing eight count in the same round. An MMA fighter may take harder hits but the boxers take more. 

This may all change a few years down the road when the cumulative effects add up on these guys. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, glowdotGlock said:

I'm not downing anyone's choice of sports but I just can't watch those fights. I never could get into it. I don't see why people would want to do that to their bodies. What a blow.

Ditto. If I'm going to participate in a full contact sport with that much physical interaction I want it to be with a nekkid lady. 

Some of the fighters are fun to watch though, BJ Pen and George ST Pierre are polar opposite fighters but two of the most intense back when I was watching it socially. 

• Like 4

I remember seeing a show years ago where a couple automotive crash test engineers decided it would be fun to do analysis of a variety of professional martial artists.  They wired up some dummies and told the fighters to do their worst.   The results were staggering. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, peejman said:

I remember seeing a show years ago where a couple automotive crash test engineers decided it would be fun to do analysis of a variety of professional martial artists.  They wired up some dummies and told the fighters to do their worst.   The results were staggering. 

If you haven't watched this video...I suggest you do. The information it presents is both fascinating and terrifying. At least to an old out of shape guy like me.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, peejman said:

I watched this back when it was aired. Great to see it again.

I love me some fight science like this.

• 2 weeks later...