Ruger 10/22 Parts Help Needed

I have all of the parts needed to assemble my Ruger 10/22, except the receiver. If any of you know where I can purchase a used one at a reasonable cost, please PM me and let me know. Also, it has a stock Ruger stainless barrel. I'm planning to refinish the receiver to match the barrel. If any of you have done this before, I'd be interested in hearing the process you used and how it turned out. This is a new barrel, so I'm trying to make the receiver look new also. Thanks. cjwaa1@msn.com  615-519-3680

I have polished out a receiver. I tried scotch brite wheels , they do ok but still ended up hand sanding with 600-800-1000 grit with wd-40 then finished off with mothers polish and a powerball.

Good luck on finding a donor receiver... If you have a FFL that will not charge a arm and leg you can order a stripped ruger receiver from shooters discount for around $110.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
On 9/21/2016 at 7:15 PM, plinker4life said:

I have polished out a receiver. I tried scotch brite wheels , they do ok but still ended up hand sanding with 600-800-1000 grit with wd-40 then finished off with mothers polish and a powerball.

Good luck on finding a donor receiver... If you have a FFL that will not charge a arm and leg you can order a stripped ruger receiver from shooters discount for around $110.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information on the receiver. I figure it may take a while to find a receiver. Many Ruger 10/22s will bring more parted out than as a complete gun. A friend reports there were 10/22s at the Sparta Gun Show for $175!

I also need the two smaller pins used to install the trigger assembly in the receiver. If anyone has a couple for sale in the Murfreesboro area, please let me know. Thanks.

If you have an FFL hook up, there are a bunch on Gunbroker starting at about 60 plus shipping. Making an anodized one silver is easily done with a sandblaster. Glass beads with over 100 psi at the blast gun should give you a nice smooth satin finish. I think that would be the most direct way to end up with what you want. Good Luck on the build!

23 hours ago, xtriggerman said:

If you have an FFL hook up, there are a bunch on Gunbroker starting at about 60 plus shipping. Making an anodized one silver is easily done with a sandblaster. Glass beads with over 100 psi at the blast gun should give you a nice smooth satin finish. I think that would be the most direct way to end up with what you want. Good Luck on the build!

Thanks xtriggerman, that may be the way for me to go. Supposedly, my barrel is stainless... but, a magnet will stick to it! Also, Westwind Mike had one that was stainless, and he said his was a lot shinier than mine.So, that smooth satin finish might match the barrel better. Hope things up your way are going well. Thanks again for the help before.