New Ruger coming out

Capbyrd

So last week Ruger sent an email saying that they have a new firearm coming out.  I'm putting this in Handguns but I don't know if its going to be a handgun or not. I'm just guessing it is.  

We should know tomorrow what it is actually is.  If you do know, don't tell but let's hear some guesses ahead of the official announcement tomorrow.  

What do you hope it is? 

I dunno... hopefully something good this time?  The American pistol seems like one giant "Meh."

I don't personally know a single person that bought one, and I only remember reading that a couple folks here bought one.  For the sake of American manufacturing, I hope they hit a home run with whatever it is.

My guess, though, is some twist on an existing long gun.  Maybe a tweak on the Ruger Precision rifles? Those seem to be doing pretty well for them.

I hope it's not just a compact American pistol.

Edited by musicman
  • Like 1

I have read a few places about the rumor and some guesses. A common one is the replacement for the 77 series bolt action that was just discontinued. Or possibly additions to the American line that are missing now and we're part of the 77 series (.357mag, .44mag,etc). Some are hoping for 9mm and .45 but I personally think that's a stretch.

Supposedly patents were filed concerning an improved and more user friendly take down system for the Mark 3 rim fire pistol.

Shotguns are a glaring omission from their product line.

Could be compact versions of the American pistol.

I don't think the timing is right for a handgun. They are missing out on the 10mm market that has has a resurge over the last few years though. They have also been missing out on very popular lever guns; pistol caliber lever actions are in demand.

Based on the timing and the discontinued bolt action 77's I feel it is another bolt action gun. The Ruger Precision Rifle has been popular with people on a waiting list. I almost wonder if it couldn't be something based on the Precision Rifle.

1 hour ago, Patton said:

I don't think the timing is right for a handgun. They are missing out on the 10mm market that has has a resurge over the last few years though. They have also been missing out on very popular lever guns; pistol caliber lever actions are in demand.

Based on the timing and the discontinued bolt action 77's I feel it is another bolt action gun. The Ruger Precision Rifle has been popular with people on a waiting list. I almost wonder if it couldn't be something based on the Precision Rifle.

Ruger doesn't have the best reputation with lever guns.

I have noticed lots of companies hedging their bets so to speak for an upcoming AWB by diversifying.

I am hoping for a very SIMPLE and very FEW PARTS SLIM 45 pistol. I wanted to like the American pistol but the trigger control mechanism was too complex and had way to many small parts.

This may sound childish , but I'd love it if they ever came back out with the old P-Series for a limited run . I'd buy 2 or 3 or 4 !

• Like 1

Whatever it is I'm sure it will be a quality product but will have one disgusting or otherwise unpalettable asthetic feature that will blow it.  Then in a year or two they will make it right.

It's as sure as the sun rises every day with Ruger's announcements and new offerings.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

Taking them apart was never a real problem.  Putting them back together seemed to be the real challenge for some!

I'm not tearing one down again until it just won't shoot any longer. Cleaned a new 22/45 (for some unsmart reason) and put an idiot mark on it in the assembly process. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, tercel89 said:

This may sound childish , but I'd love it if they ever came back out with the old P-Series for a limited run . I'd buy 2 or 3 or 4 !

Even though I am more of a revolver guy the Ruger P95 is the only firearm I own of which I have two.  Partly this is because the first was a gift from a now deceased friend so I don't want to risk losing it if I ever needed to use it but partly it is also because they are so ridiculously good.  My first (the gift one) has no rail and is decocker only.  My second has a small light rail and is a decocker/safety model.  I prefer the DC only but when you are buying used you can't be that picky and I can just use the safety to decock then disengage it.  I also prefer hammer fired and will likely never have a striker fired handgun that I would actually use for carry or HD.  You have to love that the owner's manual basically says that as long as it is the right caliber shoot pretty much any ammo you want, they don't care.  +P?  Good to go.  9mm NATO?  Shoot it, good to go.  Those two P95 pistols are also the only handguns I own that are chambered in 9mm Luger.

When I read the OP my thought was, "It would be cool if they would do an updated version of the old Security 6 and Speed 6 revolvers."  By that I mean strong, reliable, metal (not polymer) double action revolvers that aren't quite as heavy/bulky/overbuilt as the GP100 and the SP101.  As someone else said, if the current avatar of Nyarthalotep (aka The Crawling Chaos aka Hillary Clinton) manages to limit and restrict semiauto firearms then a company with a solid and growing line of reliable revolvers would be in a pretty good position.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, JAB said:

Even though I am more of a revolver guy the Ruger P95 is the only firearm I own of which I have two.  Partly this is because the first was a gift from a now deceased friend so I don't want to risk losing it if I ever needed to use it but partly it is also because they are so ridiculously good.  My first (the gift one) has no rail and is decocker only.  My second has a small light rail and is a decocker/safety model.  I prefer the DC only but when you are buying used you can't be that picky and I can just use the safety to decock then disengage it.  I also prefer hammer fired and will likely never have a striker fired handgun that I would actually use for carry or HD.  You have to love that the owner's manual basically says that as long as it is the right caliber shoot pretty much any ammo you want, they don't care.  +P?  Good to go.  9mm NATO?  Shoot it, good to go.  Those two P95 pistols are also the only handguns I own that are chambered in 9mm Luger.

When I read the OP my thought was, "It would be cool if they would do an updated version of the old Security 6 and Speed 6 revolvers."  By that I mean strong, reliable, metal (not polymer) double action revolvers that aren't quite as heavy/bulky/overbuilt as the GP100 and the SP101.  As someone else said, if the current avatar of Nyarthalotep (aka The Crawling Chaos aka Hillary Clinton) manages to limit and restrict semiauto firearms then a company with a solid and growing line of reliable revolvers would be in a pretty good position.

Oh yeah , an updated Security Six would be SWEET !