Concert tickets

Ugly

As I sit here trying to not implode from the price of Adele (for my ol lady) tickets in Nashville.  I thought I would reach out to the all knowing audience here. 

Cheapest I have seen them are $380 plus fees. I am hard pressed to spend that much for nose bleed seats. 

If fact at that price, I would expect a seat on the stage in an Italian leather sofa with an endless supply of drinks and snacks. 

Perhaps im getting old but this seems extreme. I'm guessing it's supply and demand. 

Can anyone here reccomend how to get them cheaper? If it's possible short of winning them. 

ive been to my share of shows but stopped going to big venues after the stones in San Diego. absolute let down!

Thanks for any help and I do appreciate musicians and their contribution to society!!! Music makes the world go round and I value the artists contributions, I just can't afford these prices. 

I actually stopped going to big concerts some time ago, with legal scalpers there is just no way to get them cheap (retail price) unless you buy when they come out and you are lucky to do that.  My last concert was the Eagles out in Japan, and believe it or not it was less than $100 (about 20yo) because scalping was illegal there.

I tried to get tickets when they went on sale.  I was able to get to the request form immediately as I hit the refresh just right.  After waiting for approx 15 seconds to get my seats, it said sorry, sold out.  It's a bunch of BS.  I think Sen. Blackburn put forth legislation to make the automated purchases illegal, but I doubt it will ever be fixed.

About the only way to get tickets to these things now is to be a part of their fan club and have access to them a few days or week earlier.

Edited by Hozzie

There are special circumstances driving up the price, I'd imagine.  Adelle is said to be taking a long break from touring after her current slate is over, and since she went five years without a tour, she's probably not bluffing.  I thought about seeing her in Nashville, but I'm not one for huge mega type concerts like this one promises to be.  I'd pay to see her in a smaller venue like the Ryman, or the Schermerhorn Symphony Center any day of the week though.

Ok...confession time. I like Adele far more than my wife does.  I'd love to see this concert. But ticket prices for this one, and many others are just way out of what I'd reasonably pay.

Plus, I really dislike the seating at Bridgestone. I saw Riverdance there once. From 2nd row from the top. Awful seat, totally uncomfortable, and lousy view.

I can see better from the top row at a Titans game than there.

• Like 1

She is talented and I do like her music. I did notices a slight change in her voice after her vocal cord surgery. She doesn't have that little crackle anymore that made some songs intense. 

I've been to so many concerts and I barely remember any of them. It's hardly worth the price of normal admission much less than this admission price. 

A large flatscreen, surround sound and a dvd of a live concert is more than enough and the way to go!

• Like 1
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:30 AM, Ugly said:

I've been to so many concerts and I barely remember any of them. It's hardly worth the price of normal admission much less than this admission price. 

A large flatscreen, surround sound and a dvd of a live concert is more than enough and the way to go!

Totally agree with you. I've been watching a lot of dvd concerts lately. One of my favorites is Love for Levon, the memorial concert for the late Levon Helm.

• Like 1