Killer flashlight/spotlight

Most stuff on the interwebs that sounds too good to be true usually is.  But my buddy had one of these flashlights with him over the weekend.  At his house we had a field of view, probably 250-300 meters to the woodline from his deck and this el cheapo thing lit up about a 20 foot spot brighter than any flash light I had seen before.  This thing is no joke kind of blind people you point it at bright.  If you ever have a need for spotlighting, get one of these.  I just ordered one for myself after seeing it in person.  These lights are legit and only $29

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ANGPD66/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

I'll post a pic once mine gets in, that photo they are showing on the page is not an exaggeration.  Maybe a little bit more fog than we had... well, I'll just show you a picture.  If it had a wider dispersement, you could literally use it as a search light from a helo from lower altitudes.

• Like 1

I found the this description in a WalMart ad indicating 2400 lumens

... "The Odear® Super Bright Outdoor Handheld Portable Cree T6 LED 2400 Lumens Rechargeable Flashlight Torch Searchlight Lamp is certainly that and will be a excellent acquisition. "

• Like 1
9 hours ago, tacops said:

I found the this description in a WalMart ad indicating 2400 lumens

... "The Odear® Super Bright Outdoor Handheld Portable Cree T6 LED 2400 Lumens Rechargeable Flashlight Torch Searchlight Lamp is certainly that and will be a excellent acquisition. "

damn so about 50% brighter than I thought.  It's really f'n bright was all I knew.  Construction is definitely chinese quality, but at $30 it's a throw away light anyways.

On 10/10/2016 at 7:52 PM, Sam1 said:

I'll post a pic once mine gets in, that photo they are showing on the page is not an exaggeration.  Maybe a little bit more fog than we had... well, I'll just show you a picture.  If it had a wider dispersement, you could literally use it as a search light from a helo from lower altitudes.

Waiting for review

toetap05.gif

• Moderators

So here is my opinion on this flashlight.

Overall Quality -  Not to bad.  Is it a tank, no but I think it will stand up to better than average use.

Brightness - Absolutely incredible.  I am amazed.  I just spotlighted everyone in my neighborhood and was able to see @DaveTN with no pants in Murfreesboro (my eyes, my eyes).  Seriously the brightness is extremely good.

USB plug in lamp - When I saw it I thought how cute and wasn't impressed.  But actually it is a nice feature if the power were to go out.  Yes I turned all the lights out.  It lights up a room enough to get around, etc.

Longevity - Who knows but for $30 bucks I think it is a great deal.

I just placed an order for 3 more.  1 more for myself and 2 for Christmas gifts.

Edited by ggwilde
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, ggwilde said:

So here is my opinion on this flashlight.

Overall Quality -  Not to bad.  Is it a tank, no but I think it will stand up to better than average use.

Brightness - Absolutely incredible.  I am amazed.  I just spotlighted everyone in my neighborhood and was able to see @DaveTN with no pants in Murfreesboro (my eyes, my eyes).  Seriously the brightness is extremely good.

USB plug in lamp - When I saw it I thought how cute and wasn't impressed.  But actually it is a nice feature if the power were to go out.  Yes I turned all the lights out.  It lights up a room enough to get around, etc.

Longevity - Who knows but for $30 bucks I think it is a great deal.

I just placed an order for 3 more.  1 more for myself and 2 for Christmas gifts.

OK...you sold me. I'll get it on my next Amazon order. I seem to be getting stuff from them rather frequently these days.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Funny thing,  I read a review about it on Amazon  where someone else was upset the soft ring around the on/off switch didn't last long.  There was a piece of paper in the bottom of the box that said please remove the protective foam from around switch before use.  LMAO. 

• Like 1

Here's a pic, the trees in this are about 50 yards from where I am standing.  The barn is at least 300 yards away, on the opposite side of my neighbor's cow field.  It would go much further, I just don't want to walk across the road to the field and get a longer shot to something else.

IMAG0070.jpg

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

Here's a pic, the trees in this are about 50 yards from where I am standing.  The barn is at least 300 yards away, on the opposite side of my neighbor's cow field.  It would go much further, I just don't want to walk across the road to the field and get a longer shot to something else.

IMAG0070.jpg

Wow that sucker lit it up didn't it!?

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

IMAG0070.jpg

I've  already had $30 worth of fun around the neighborhood at night.  Hit somebody in the eyes with this thing and they are  done for 30 minutes.  :eek:

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, rugerla1 said:

Wow that sucker lit it up didn't it!?

yeah that's what makes this light strange... you can see it is literally as bright out at 300 yards as it is at 50 yards.  I guess it's some ancient chinese voodoo or something powering the light.

• Like 2