Cookeville online gun auction

seez52

I expect that one to go north of $2000 by the end, even with its significant wear marks.

Most of the ammo is already bid up to the normal prices, higher in a few cases. Same with most of the magazines. 5 PMags for $60? I see specials every week or so for <$10/ea.

Still, there are a few guns on there that might stay low enough to be considered a deal. I'll keep an eye on it for sure.

Edited by monkeylizard

I watched the last one,  it was comical.   There will be no deals when it is over.   Just save your time and money and  go buy it brand new.   You also have to figure that considering the source, these are not cared for firearms. 

16 hours ago, seez52 said:

I saw a Python at $1250 already.

16 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

I expect that one to go north of $2000 by the end, even with its significant wear marks.

I would bet it will go over 3K.

People get wrapped up in the bidding. I would assume right now these bids are just for the bidders to mark their items; the serious bidding will go down in the last few minutes.

I bought a couple of firearms through them a year or so ago. They were from a sheriffs auction, and had been apparently stored in a damp evidence locker since confiscation. I would definitely recommend looking over the gun in person, and be aware that all firearms (including antiques) have to go through the background check and registration.

On 10/14/2016 at 6:26 AM, DaveTN said:

Is there a single source? A lot of those look like new in the box.

Is there a single source? A lot of those look like new in the box.

Last time the bulk of the lot looked like what you would expect to be taken off of people who were arrested.  I'm not sure why the police department is selling guns new I the box. Didn't realize this one wasn't a police auction.  I retract my earlier statement.