Secluded Cabin?

TLRMADE

The wife and I are wanting to find a good cabin to rent for the weekend. Anywhere within 2-3 hrs drive of Nashville. We want a secluded cabin that's not right next to others. We don't have to be able to get into the city and go shopping. We would rather be able to go hiking or be out of all the commotion. Any suggestions? Seems like everything I find are right next to each other.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a very secluded one once in Gatlinburg about 7 or 8 years ago. Needed 4x4 to get up to it. It sat on top of a big hill in the woods by itself. It wasn't fancy at all but had a wood fireplace that I liked. I have been trying to remember the name of it or the rental company for some time. I'll renew my efforts to try and dig up some info.

I would just start calling some of the smaller, older cabin rental companies in Gatlinburg (not pigeon forge), and tell them what you're looking for.

There are lots of secluded cabins for rent near Dale Hollow Lake. The lake is low right now, but if you want peace and quiet, you can find it here along with all the thousands of acres of hiking you want. P.S. come at your own risk, you won't want to go back home!!!

Edited by Dirtshooter
p.s.
17 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

There are lots of secluded cabins for rent near Dale Hollow Lake. The lake is low right now, but if you want peace and quiet, you can find it here along with all the thousands of acres of hiking you want. P.S. come at your own risk, you won't want to go back home!!!

^^^ This.  Dale Hollow is a hidden gem, and just an hour and half outside of Nashville.  Monteagle/Sewanee area is also a great place for a "weekend away".