Ordered new scope yesterday

On 10/25/2016 at 0:35 PM, Shorty said:

Keep an eye on the Primary Arms website.  The Magpul Hunter 700 goes on sale periodically.  My buddy and I both picked up one with magwell and sling mounts during one of the sales.  Total price for everything was only about $10 more than the everyday price for the stock.  It did seem to tighten up everything a little on my 700 sps tactical.

As for the Vortex, I guess I am one of the few that hasn't been thrilled with my Viper, at least not the warranty.  Initially it was awesome, great clarity, performed as expected and was a great price. After a particularlly cold hunt it developed a haze on the outer edge at the higher magnifications.  Sent it back to Vortex with description of issue and included pics just to be sure.  When I got it back, the invoice stated all they did was cleaned the lens and that the haze was normal as scopes age (3yrs old).  I guess I could have gotten a lazy tech working on my scope but I wasn't that impressed.  I may try sending it back one more time just to see.  Or I could do what my buddy suggested and drive over it with my jeep and then send it back lol.

Thanks for the feedback. I really like the looks and function of the Magpul. It'll be a while before I can get one. 

Mom surprised about your experience with Vortex for sure. You may be right, maybe send in again? I'm sighting it in Sunday and can't wait!

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old post but I remembered posting about how much I hoped to one day have a Nightforce scope. It took a while and took me getting bitten by the long range bug, but I now own two of them. 
Top picture is the newest one, it’s an NXS 3.5-15x50 with MOAR reticle sitting in an ADM mount. I put it on an AR15 that I use primarily for coyote hunting. 
Bottom picture is the first one I bought to replace my Vortex HS-T on my Savage 110 Tactical 6.5 Creedmoor. It’s a 4-16x50 ATACR with MOAR reticle sitting in Badger Ordnance 34mm rings. I am absolutely in love with these optics! I can’t afford to put them on everything, but my main rifles will all be topped off with them as soon as I can do it. 
Just wanted to share my excitement with y’all!
JJMnV7h.jpg

Hb11F8f.jpg

Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 3

It is funny once you get into LR shooting how your scope to dollar comfort ratio starts to grow. I can remember when I would cringe at the thought of a $400 scope, now I don't have any that are less than $2k. Although I had thought about pulling the trigger on a ZCO, but that $4k plus price I just can't or won't do. I think after about $1800 there becomes very little improvement for any more money.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...