Early Voting

TNWNGR

On 10/24/2016 at 6:11 PM, XxthejuicexX said:

Question. What happens if you vote early and something happens to the candidate before Election Day? Is your vote just waisted?

I don't think it really matters this year considering that the three main parities all have terrible people running.

As the Officer at a polling location I say, "Everybody go early vote especially if you've moved or changed your name and re-registared".   Makes your stay at my poll a lot quicker and easier on both of us,  Don't forget a government issued photo ID--drivers license must be from TN.

2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I'm stubborn. I do my own taxes, and vote on election day.

There's no telling what'll transpire in this freak show in the next week.

What could possibly change your mind this late in the game? 

My mind was made up when the Republican nominee was determined, whether I liked it or not. Not way in hell will I ever be voting democrat or for someone who has no chance.

Having Pence as VP just made it easier this time.

• Like 2
On 10/31/2016 at 10:09 PM, kieefer said:

What could possibly change your mind this late in the game? 

My mind was made up when the Republican nominee was determined, whether I liked it or not. Not way in hell will I ever be voting democrat or for someone who has no chance.

Having Pence as VP just made it easier this time.

At this point, who the hell knows? 

Early voted at the election commission in Rutherford County this morning. No line, walked right to a booth after checking in. Two minutes from start to finish.

The lady at the front desk said they've been averaging 1,100 people a day so far at the Election Commission.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk just to give Oh Shoot something to be grumpy about.

On 10/25/2016 at 4:10 PM, JAB said:

I wait until election day to vote.  I live right at the edge of my county and never have reason or opportunity to go anywhere near where early voting takes place during the hours that early voting is open.  Doing so would pretty much mean making an hour to hour and twenty minute (round trip from home) out of my way and in the opposite direction from where I work (which is another 30 miles from where I live) plus whatever time it took to vote.  It would be difficult to do that even if I thought that any of the candidates (big two or third party) were worth a crap.  My designated polling place, on the other hand, is about fifteen minutes from me.  Still in the opposite direction from work but much more doable.  Hopefully you guys are right and most folks will vote ahead of time.  My polling place is small and probably not extremely busy, anyhow, but if most folks have already voted then I should be able to get in and out and on my way to work that morning without much delay.

Well, I took off from work last week and so I managed to get to Kingston on the last day of early voting.  At about 10am there were three people ahead of me in line and there were four polling stations.  It took about five minutes from the time I got in the line to the time I walked out of the room and it only took that long because the lady in front of me had gotten married and needed a name and address change which they did for her on the spot.  So I have done my 'duty' even though I am under no illusions that voting under the current two-party system means much or that it is anything more than going through the motions.  They gave me a sticker for voting at which point I thought to myself, "What the hell am I, five years old?"  I do think that says something about the mentality of the average voter.  Personally, I'd rather have a sucker.  At least then I could enjoy the irony of them handing out suckers to the suckers...er, I mean voters...who really believe that their vote still makes a difference.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1
On 11/1/2016 at 4:42 PM, TGO David said:

Wife and I chose the form of the Destructor this afternoon.  Same experience as @jgradyc.  Walked in, voted, walked out.

You know, it might have at least been more amusing if we could have actually voted for the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.  Maybe I should have done a write in.

18 hours ago, Pete123 said:

I early voted this past Thursday - was in and out in 5 minutes.

I would have been, but I changed my POTUS vote 3 times before pushing the VOTE button. I just stood there for a few minutes looking at my selections and trying to decide if that's what I really wanted to do. No, one of those choices was not HRC. I know my little vote doesn't count for much, but I still wonder if I made the right choice. I've never felt that way before when leaving a voting booth. It sucks.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 2

Always vote on election day.  Our little polling place on Flat Top Mountain never has more than one to two people in  line.  But could still smell the stench of the two main party nominees for POTUS even way out here.