Big News from Springfield Armory

Pete123

3 hours ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

Show up at Nashville Armory Thursday and claim your T-shirt and they will let you shoot 5 rounds too through one.  Wooo Hooo, generous aren't they?

LOL I agree, but 5 rounds seems to be the standard for these sort of things. I've been to S&W and Beretta rollouts and given 5 each time.

And I bet they won't have a XXXL for me either!

8 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Yep. Looks like you will be able to build the same thing from other sources

I think its cool that they brought an ar to market.  I don't hate them for that.  I hate the marketing hype for something that just isn't special.  

• Like 9
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

I think its cool that they brought an ar to market.  I don't hate them for that.  I hate the marketing hype for something that just isn't special.  

This really sums up my thoughts as well.  I'm glad to see another AR option.  The timing is right for them since the panic buying will set in soon if things go poorly this election and they'll probably sell all of them that they can make if they get them out there ASAP.  But the marketing, while nice to look at, had an unusual amount of hype for what resulted.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

I agree. So much hype. I sure was hoping for a new and different pistol platform from them.

2 minutes ago, TGO David said:

This really sums up my thoughts as well.  I'm glad to see another AR option.  The timing is right for them since the panic buying will set in soon if things go poorly this election and they'll probably sell all of them that they can make if they get them out there ASAP.  But the marketing, while nice to look at, had an unusual amount of hype for what resulted.

I'm scared.  You and I agreed on something.  Its the Apocalypse.  

I understand the let down for you AR guys. Ho-hum, just another AR....:bored:

I'm not an AR person. Never owned one, never wanted one. This goes back to dealings with Army issued M-16A1s back in the early 70s.  But I do accept the fact that they are very popular and here to stay.

However, I am a huge fan of Springfield Armory. I own M1As and 1911s  plus Springfield has some of the best customer service in the industry. As such, the Saint has caught my eye. I like the furniture on it. The thinner forearm and 1911 angle grip appeal to me. I also like the flat top receiver as my old eyes need help to shoot rifles these days. Being made my one of my favorite gun companies is a big plus for me and the price seems reasonable.

So IF, and that's a big IF, I was gonna buy an AR type rifle, I think this would be the one I'd get. 

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

So why is it called SAINT?  I get the SA part but what is INT?  Assuming this is some clever acronym.

I took it to be a knock-off of the Crusader/Infidel lowers. Toss in a religious overtone to a product marketed as one which protects you and yours from an abstract concept of bad things out there trying to take it.

Edited by monkeylizard
3 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

I was right that it was an AR, but wrong that it was even close to being some kind of interchangeable barrel/caliber thang. Agree with most of the rest of you, while I'm sure it's a nice rifle, I was totally underwhelmed. They could have just announced it out of the blue, would have been more tasteful methinks.

- OS

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, broox said:

Seems like plenty of people are talking about  the over-the-top marketing campaign and how it was a bust. But if alot of people are talking about the new product, didn't the marketing campaign work?

no.  if it was a politician, maybe, but since this is an actual product, sales are the goal.  

58 minutes ago, broox said:

I have never bought something that I didn't know existed.

Point taken.  Honestly though, who hasn't been aware of AR platform rifles?  Unless it's someone buying it due to the Springfield name, what does it offer?  Whoopty do, another AR like the other 8,000 "unique," "High speed," and "neva been done befo" rifles built by every Joe, Bob, and Henry.

I was right that it was an AR, but wrong that it was even close to being some kind of interchangeable barrel/caliber thang. Agree with most of the rest of you, while I'm sure it's a nice rifle, I was totally underwhelmed. They could have just announced it out of the blue, would have been more tasteful methinks.
- OS

You think that accu tite thing is to remove potential slop from between the upper and lower receiver? Same reason some use those little wedges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 minutes ago, deafdogdief said:

You think that accu tite thing is to remove potential slop from between the upper and lower receiver? Same reason some use those little wedges?

Well, yeah, 'cept it's just a screw. Doesn't pull lower/upper together, actually pushes them apart more if anything,  just makes some tension so that it doesn't rattle or wobble as much. The TGO CMT billet lower I have has one.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
On November 1, 2016 at 5:05 PM, cknight98 said:

I'm very disappointed as well. I was really hoping for a poly 1911 or modular type handgun...not just another AR. I'm sure they'll get sales, it's the pre-season to be in the AR sales market. 

I don't know what would cause a worse reaction, a "meh" AR or a polymer 1911. I can hear the collective assholes of millions of 1911 diehards pucker at the thought. 

• Like 1