Big News from Springfield Armory

Pete123

Looks to me like a hype type response hoping to appeal to the closet warriors, the wanna be's, and similar to the hype presented by Sig to ramp sales up on the Legion guns.

No, I'm not against Springfield, I just think this is all just marketing for us to be drawn in.

• Like 1

Heck, you can't blame them for the marketing.  I saw the same from Sig for the Legion and thought it would fall flat, but it worked.

Same thing for claiming they've been making them since 1794.   The way of the world is that when someone buys the rights to a name they advertise having been in business since the original date.

I didn't know they have a line they don't make.  Which one is that?

7 hours ago, musicman said:

Mk... my guess is some warmed over AR variant. Maybe made in Serbia this time. I bet the market will be ripe for an overpriced logo'd out Springfield tactical rifle on 11/9/16.

I'm not 100% certain but Springfield Armory and Colt settled a patent suit in September 1984. Under the settlement, Springfield/Rock Island was permanently enjoined from selling the rifles. Moreover, Springfield/Rock Island could not use Colt's proprietary drawings and information in the future manufacture or sale of AR-15 riles.

I saw one of the video's for the new line the other day.  Some chick with more muscles than I've ever had and tats. 

Don't get me wrong, I love XD's, it's my EDC.  They are marketing to a much younger group than me with the Saint line so far.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=springfield+armory+saint+ad&view=detailv2&&id=37604C2392EB383C668DEAB31E1138934FDEDD78&selectedIndex=0&ccid=m%2bbKaD4u&simid=607989185018005378&thid=OIP.M9be6ca683e2e59019cded9371f81c933o0

• Administrator
8 hours ago, suspiciousmind said:

What a babe! 

As for the gun, who cares? Nothing about Springfield's new stuff excites me, and more #### made in Croatia is just not my bag.

The XD is not a terrible platform at all.  The ergos are good and I've never had one that didn't go bang when I wanted it to.  It's obviously a more complex design than, say, a Glock.. but more parts in a gun do not necessarily mean that it will be any less reliable.

• Like 1
The XD is not a terrible platform at all.  The ergos are good and I've never had one that didn't go bang when I wanted it to.  It's obviously a more complex design than, say, a Glock.. but more parts in a gun do not necessarily mean that it will be any less reliable.

I don't disagree with you at all. I like them enough, but I'll never forget the day I looked at the gun and realized they weren't made in the US. I like foreign guns. I love Berettas and Glocks. But, there is something odd about a foreign made Springfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8 hours ago, suspiciousmind said:

I don't disagree with you at all. I like them enough, but I'll never forget the day I looked at the gun and realized they weren't made in the US. I like foreign guns. I love Berettas and Glocks. But, there is something odd about a foreign made Springfield.

Doesn't bother me. XDs are I guess my main handgun platform, but I chose them because of dependability plus handling characteristics, and features that the Glock doesn't have. "Made in Croatia" was no more a detriment to me than "Made in Austria" at the time I bought my first one. And apparently unlike still lots of folks, I knew that Springfield Armory Inc. of Geneseo, IL had no real connection with the original Springfield Armory of Springfield, MA.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Doesn't bother me. XDs are I guess my main handgun platform, but I chose them because of dependability plus handling characteristics, and features that the Glock doesn't have. "Made in Croatia" was no more a detriment to me than "Made in Austria" at the time I bought my first one. And apparently unlike still lots of folks, I knew that Springfield Armory Inc. of Geneseo, IL had no real connection with the original Springfield Armory of Springfield, MA.

- OS

I am aware of this. I guess I'm just an old fashioned "Glocktard."

Nice looking women who in some cases look sort of angry in tank tops.  OK, I'll accept and pardon me, enjoy that as a marketing ploy.  What else is there?  

I would like to see a nice bolt action .22LR rifle from Springfield.  But alas, I imagine it will be either a plastic striker fired pistol or a jazzed up 1911.  Yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnn... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....