All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. another vote for the Federal HST. Have also used Gold Dots with good results. Like others have said spend the money and get a few boxes of each and run them through and see which works out and routinely run a mag or two through the gun just to be sure.
  3. So I had the chance to visit the range this AM for my Rugers first outing- It did real well-no malfunctions-eats any ammo-and is accurate with all weights I tried- No brass wreckage and no malfunctions-this is going to hurt some of the Ruger haters- I sighted it in at 100 yards with only 10 rounds and shot another 10 just for fun- Doesn't recoil any worse than my 30-30 with 150 Interlocks- I believe they call this 1 MOA-at 100 yards Forgot to add ammo- 150gr Federal Power Point- 165 Federal Match- 170 AAC Match All fed and extracted as designed- The target is with 170gr AAC Match-
  4. Thats my hope. Priced to move. Ive got a safe full of stuff Im rarely shooting so Im becoming more utilitarian in my old age
  5. My favorite is Federal HST, but I've used Gold Dots, Norma MHP, Critical Defense, Sig Elite Defense. Any of the modern stuff works extremely well. A lot of the expansion and jacket separation issues have been technologically overcome. But for your research enjoyment: https://stevespages.com/page8f9mmluger.html
  6. Today
  7. The best carry ammo is probably whatever known brand hollow point functions 100% in your carry gun and is fairly accurate that you can find and afford. You can obsess over ballistics and gel tests, but the fact is that most handguns suck for stopping bad guys. Their great virtue is that they are very portable and you can have it with you almost everywhere you go. Having said all that, I carry Hornady Critical Defense 115 or Federal HST 124. They are fairly common and I don't want to have to find and test a new round because my ammo is exotic, hard to find, or always out of stock.
  8. I don't know if strip clubs will let you tip with gift cards, but you can try.
  9. I had 1 about 2 weeks ago but haven't seen him since.
  10. Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO. Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with. Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete. Your experience will help others. Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun! None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction. They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns. DON'T DO IT. Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO. Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye. The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link. Everyone should read them at least once! ~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~
  11. 9316197172 bhelton52909@gmail.com Shelbyville but I am traveling to Murfreesboro this morning For sale Ruger M77 MK2 chambered in 300 win mag stainless/laminate very nice with Nikon buckmasters 4x12x40 $1000 Firm cash only no trades
  12. Sig Sauer V-Crown in 124gr- After all it's a Sig-
  13. Without the US Ukraine would be Russa again. Would you care about that? One thing that amazed me is how ineffective the Ruskies were in this war. When the opposing Army got more than rocks to throw, the Russian Army turned out to be a paper tiger in front of them. Amazing, and this war was on their border, in their back yard so to speak.
  14. Found that setting but it is already enabled. Now that I know it’s to do with orientation and not random, I can deal with it. I sometimes read in landscape and sometimes in portrait. In my old age I never thought to look at how I was using it. I was thinking I wasn’t doing anything different. I good now. Thanks for the help!
  15. Agreed on the comments will be varied. I have a "Fantastic Plastic" Ruger Max 9 and I favor heavier along with + P. My Max 9 is stocked with Hornady 147 Gr + P ammo. I also like Hornady Critical Defense which is 115 Gr, and the Critical Duty which is a + P with a 135 Gr bullet and built to Police Specs. Suppose to be superior for metal/glass car body penetration. Several of the premium Self Defense brand loadings will be sufficient in these micro guns. Purchase you a few and see which you, and your Pistol likes.
  16. We now have 2 birds visiting our feeders regularly. A male and female. Don't know if they are travelers or home bodies, but they are frequent feeders. It is 36, here in Lascassas, this morning, and they are flying slow.
  17. Ok, I'll try one. ...and after discovering the fallacy of his ways, Sir Ronald created an event for the ages! Any and all members from the land of Tennessee could submit their names for the chance of withdrawal. One lucky Gun Owner would quickly be showered with riches upon riches in the Kingdom of Dick's.
  18. Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO. Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with. Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete. Your experience will help others. Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun! None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction. They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns. DON'T DO IT. Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO. Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye. The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link. Everyone should read them at least once! ~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~
  19. All come with combo kydex/leather sheath shown. Price is $115 each shipped. 1. Sold to Darrell 1/8" thick 440C stainless with a total length of about 11" and the blade right at 5 1/2". This is a small and slender Bowie with SS guard and accent. The handle is cocobolo and Surinam ebony. 2. Sold to RED333 This is also a small and slender Bowie made from 1/8" thick 1084 carbon steel. It is 10 3/4" long and the blade is right at 5 1/2". The guard is brass and the handle is antigued ash. 3. Sold to Snaveba This is made from 1/8" thick 1084 carbon steel. It's 10 3/4" long with a blade of 5 1/4". The guard is SS and the handle is gabon ebony with G10 and cocobolo accents.
  20. You may get as many different opinions as there are members. Speer Gold Dot HP bullets have a history of reliability. I carry Underwood 90-grain HP due to velocity and muzzle energy.
  1. Load more activity

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.