All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. More photos and information on condition. As you can see there is some wear and tear on it, some dings on the wood that are pictured at the base of the stock, on the side of the fore end and on the side of the stock. The blueing is everywhere it should be but thin in commonly handled areas. There are no cracks that I can see or mechanical flaws or issues whatsoever that I have encountered or am aware of. It is a field gun, so when you break the action the safety normally engages, the bar that does that function has been removed so it is more like a spoprting gun in that manor, 100% manual safety (my Citori CX is the same, doesn't have the safety bar installed so the safety is 100% manual as it is in most sporting guns). The safety is selectable with an O and a U respectively and the safety function, like the rest of the gun, is buttery smooth and feels way better than my new citori. It does not have a mid-bead. The chokes are fixed (not interchangeable/threaded on the end). I don't grade guns but if I did it would be on a 5 point scale for mechanical condition and 5 points for cosmetic. This would get a 4 star for mechanical, and if someone who knew these guns better wanted to take it down and clean it and polish it up, that's how close it is to a 5 star mechanically. As far as cosmetically, it would be a solid 3 where 5 is immaculate and 1 is worn/cracked/rusted. It's not going to win any shows. But it is an honest gun for 46 years of age and service.
  3. Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO. Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with. Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete. Your experience will help others. Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun! None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction. They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns. DON'T DO IT. Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO. Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye. The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link. Everyone should read them at least once! ~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~
  4. I purchased this gun a few years ago on gunbroker (you may remember about my gamble on the cheapest citori on gunbroker). Well the gamble paid off, and the gun is very nice but per the usual it is collecting dust. I was going to throw it back on gunbroker for a $1.00 bid auction but don't want to jump through the hoops to get the account eligable to sell again. I figure I will post it up here and see if I can't get lucky with a local sale. This turns out to be a 1978 Browning Citori Field 12G O/U, it has the model code J53 which from what I researched means that it is a standard field but was originally part of a large lot of guns sold to a type of supermarket chain or hardware store chain (i.e. Sears gets a model code J53 for their store resell guns). The gun has a top barrel that is modified and a bottom barrel that is improved cylinder, both barrels are clean as a whistle. The action is smooth and firm but not tight, really feals like it is just worn in right, my new Citori is still tight and it is much harder on a day of shooting, though I'm hoping to use it more with one less shotgun and get it loosened up. I also was able to aquire this case from another member on here in a trade. I believe I traded a PMR 30 for the case and some cash if my memory serves. This case is an older Browning Superposed case according to the member I traded for. I tried to use it for my new Citori CX White but with the 30" barrels, and external chokes, it doesn't fit. With internal chokes it barely fits, so I figure this case is a much better match for the correct era citori instead and have packaged them together. I'd love to get $1,500.00 for the shotgun and case but am open to offers. Trade interests: Benelli semi auto self defence shotgun, 28G o/u's, will consider anything 9mm, 12G, .22LR, .22Mag, .308 but don't get offended if I'm not interested as I'm a little particular with my interests. More info and pictures on next comment on this thread below
  5. Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO. Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with. Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete. Your experience will help others. Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun! None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction. They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns. DON'T DO IT. Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO. Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye. The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link. Everyone should read them at least once! ~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~
  6. Putting this back up for sale: I have a pretty darn nice, lightly used Smith & Wesson M&P10 in .308 Winchester or 7.62x51NATO that I am putting up on the for sale. I have shot probably 50 rounds through it, would be surprised if the previous owner shot many more. Looks like almost new, some handling marks. I'm not an AR afficionato so I don't know much about it or what to look for. I have disassembled to remove the bolt and look at it but that is it. It has a nice floating heat shield installed but comes with the stock one. M-Lock angled foregrip installed on it. Has some nice Troy Industries flip up sights that will go with it as well. 5 Mags with 1 all metal 10 round mag. It is a nice rifle, with everything included, in the bag, ready to go, first $1,300.00 takes it OBO. Trade interest: Benelli/HK 12 guage semi-auto
  7. Most any good defensive load will get the job done. But every gun is different. I suggest you buy several different boxes of quality defense ammo and go to the range. Whatever is most reliable and shoots the best in your gun is what you go with.
  8. Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO. Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with. Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete. Your experience will help others. Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun! None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction. They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns. DON'T DO IT. Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO. Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye. The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link. Everyone should read them at least once! ~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~
  9. M44 Mosin Nagant stock for sale or trade. Unfortunately, the prior owner put a recoil pad on it and lost the butt plate. No hand guard. This has the cut out for the M44/type 53 folding bayonet, but this can be used on an M38 or M91/59 Carbine as well. This piece is in good condition with some finish wear, and it’s a solid replacement for your carbine with a cracked stock, or to un-bubba that mossin nugget carbine that was used as a sniper rifle in the battle of Berlin that you got for cheap at the gun show. Asking $80, or trade for 7.5 Swiss or 8mm Lebel ammo. Maryville, west Knox, or Lenoir city meet.
  10. Also have a RPR Precision in 22LR for trade. I'm in Hendersonville.
  11. Bump with a price drop - did some additional research on what these are going for recently.
  12. Trigger is also sold. Only the action left. $250.
  13. Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO. Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with. Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete. Your experience will help others. Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun! None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction. They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns. DON'T DO IT. Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO. Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye. The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link. Everyone should read them at least once! ~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~
  14. Radian Setup for Glock 19/19x/45 Gen5s. About 200 rounds on the barrel/comp. Didnt use the spring system as the comp worked on the Glock setup with 124grs for me. Asking $300 for all of it.
  15. What is the best 9mm carry ammo? Carry gun is Sig P365xl.
  16. I want to say I’ll take it because this is actually a hell of a deal. Priced to move. GLWS.
  17. After watching any newsfeed these days...I can totally agree with you!
  18. OPUS for President!! Bill could take Kamala's job and not miss a beat!!!
  19. Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO. Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with. Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete. Your experience will help others. Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun! None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction. They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns. DON'T DO IT. Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO. Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye. The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link. Everyone should read them at least once! ~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~
  20. Excellent condition Glock 45 MOS, ZEV trigger, frame work done by Battle Ready Arms up by Clarksville (I honestly have been up in the air on selling because the frame is nice), Dawson Precision Suppressor Height sights and 3 17-round factory magazines. Maybe 300 rounds on the gun? As much as I like it, it doesnt get carried and doesnt make it to the range much. Comes with one MOS plate (its what came when purchased, guess its the new way to do things). Asking $600 Not really looking for trades but would consider a Ruger Mark IV Tactical or Mark IV 22/45 Lite (black finish)
  1. Load more activity

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.